Applications can be submitted to following member colleges of The Kerala Catholic Engineering College Managements’ Association (KCECMA) for admission to BTech Engineering and BArch Courses of Academic year 2013 from 03rd June to 10th June 2013:
1. Albertian Institute of Science and Technology, Cochin University P.O., Kalamassery, Kochi - 682 022, Phone: 0484 2540360, 6526299
2. Amal Jyothi College of Engineering, kanjirappally, Koovapally P.O., kotayam-686518, Phone: 04828 251661, 251676, 251180
3. Bishop Jerome Insitute, Fatima College Road, Kollam - 691001, Phone: 0474 -2764052/53; Fax -0474-2764054
4. Jyothi Engineering College, Vettikkattiri P.O., Cheruthuruthy, Thrissur - 679531, Phone: 04884-274198, 274777, 274423, 274878
5. Lourdes Matha College of Science & Technology, Kuttichal, Thiruvananthapuram - 695 574, Phone: (City Office) 0471 - 2302481, College 0472-2853550, 2853546
6. Mar Baselios College of Engineering & Technology, Thiruvananthapuram, Phone: 0471 2545868, 69, 70, 71
7. Marian Engineering College, Menamkulam, Kazhakuttom, Trivandrum - 695582, Phone: 0471 2706157, 2704154, 2704339
8. Rajagiri School of Engineering & Technology, Rajagiri Valley P.O., Kochi - 682 039, Phone: 0484 2427835, 2428238
9. Sahrdaya College of Engineering and Technology, P.B. No. 17, Kodakara - 680 684, Phone: 0480- 2726630 (12 lines )
10. St. Joseph's College of Engineering & Technology, Choondacherry P.O., Palai, Kottayam - 686 579, Phone: 04822- 239301, 239302
11. Vimaljyothi Engineering College, Chemperi P.O., Kannur - 670 632, Phone: 0460-2212240, 2213399
12. Viswajyothi College of Engineering & Technology, Vazhakulam, Muvattupuzha - 686 670, Phone: 0485-2262211, 2262255, 2262244
Criteria of Eligibility for Admission to BTech & BArch Courses
Nationality: Candidates must be Citizens of India.
Pass in Higher Secondary Examination of the Board of Higher Secondary Education of Kerala or an examination recognized equivalent thereto with at least Fifty percent marks in Mathematics separately and Fifty percent marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry / equivalent subjects put together or equivalent grade.
Applicants should have completed 17 years of age on 31st December 2013. No relaxation of age will be allowed.
Candidates should qualify in the Engineering Entrance Exam conducted by Commissioner of Entrance Exams, Govt. of Kerala. Candidates applying for Architecture course should qualify in NATA.
The percentage / number of seats other than NRI seats proposed to be reserved for various groups by each college is given in Annexure I of KCECMA Brochure
How to apply?
The Common Prospectus along with application form can be obtained from the respective member college on payment of Rs. 500 (Rs. Five hundred only) The Application shall be submitted as detailed below:
(1) Separate application forms shall be submitted to each college and the candidate is free to apply to as many colleges as needed. Application form issued by one college cannot be used for applying in another college. Candidates may use any one of the following method to submit the application form according to the provisions given by the respective colleges.
(a) Applications can be submitted on the pre-printed forms available with the prospectus from the colleges or,
(b) Application forms can be downloaded from the website of the respective member institutions. Such applications have to be submitted along with a DD of Rs. 500/- in favour of the respective college, or,
(c) Application forms can be submitted online on the website of the some of the colleges which have provision for the same. After submission a printout of the application along with copies of documents affixing the photograph & signature and DD of Rs. 500/- in favour of respective colleges shall be submitted.
The duly filled in application along with self-attested copies of necessary documents shall be submitted directly or by registered post with A/D to the respective college so as to reach there on or before the prescribed date. The candidate should fill in all the items in the Application Form in his / her own handwriting.
Two Copies of Certificates / Documents listed below, attested by a gazette officer / Head of the Institution last attended shall be submitted along with the application.
a) 10th / 12th certificate in proof of the date of birth
b) Admit card of the entrance examination conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Examination
c) Mark list of qualifying examination and entrance examination
d) Certificate of good conduct from the institution last attended issued within six months from the date of application.
e) In cases where the candidates claim any sort of reservation or special consideration or scholarships, documents to prove such claims.
f) Certificate from Parish Priest for consideration in the community merit and for the benefit of weightage / preference of membership in any Diocese.
Procedure of Selection:
Preparation of Merit list and Allotment of Seats:
Subject to any orders that may be passed by the Courts, admission will be on the basis of merit only by adding marks obtained in the entrance examination conducted by state Commissioner for Entrance Examinations and the marks obtained for Mathematics and Physics in the qualifying examination. The marks will be apportioned in the ratio of 50:50. The marks obtained for the qualifying exam will be subjected to the normalization process.
Last date for submission applications at the respective colleges: 10th June 2013
For further details, visit the website:
| Email Story
|| Print Story