New Delhi: Amway India, the country’s leading direct selling FMCG company strengthens its Nutrition & Wellness product portfolio with the launch of ‘Nutrilite Traditional Herbs Range’. Backed by the best of nature and the best of science, Amway Nutrilite Traditional Herbs bring together the best of knowledge of Indian traditional wisdom and modern research to offer a comprehensive range of nutraceutical product supplements with physiological benefits. The new range is targeted to yield a revenue of INR 125 crores by 2020.
Announcing the launch of Nutrilite Traditional Herbs Range, Mr. Anshu Budhraja, CEO, Amway India said, “For years, Nutrilite has been the trusted name when it came to nutrition and dietary supplements. Retaining the legacy of the brand Nutrilite and firming up our commitment to the Indian market, we announce the launch of Nutrilite Traditional Herbs range. The range is specifically developed using Indian traditional herbs keeping in mind the nutritional requirement of our Indian consumers.”
In line with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ‘Make in India’ vision, the new Nutrilite Traditional Herbs Range reiterates Amway’s commitment to Govt.’s ‘Make in India’ initiative, as it is developed for the Indian consumers. The range will be manufactured at Amway’s state-of-the-art LEED ‘GOLD’ certified manufacturing facility located in the Dindigul district of Tamil Nadu.
He further added, “The Vitamins and Dietary Supplements(VDS)* market size is INR 8400 crore and is poised to grow at 10% in the next 5 years. Out of the total VDS market, the herbal/traditional Vitamins and Dietary Supplements market is estimated at INR 2400 Crore which is 28% of the category. Nutrilite from Amway has maintained the leadership position for past 5 years with 12% market share in 2017. We are confident that the new range will help accelerate Nutrilite’s growth further in India.”
The Nutrilite Traditional Herbs range comprises of 4 products including Nutrilite Tulsi, Nutrilite Brahmi, Nutrilite Ashwagandha & Nutrilite Amalaki, Vibhitaki, and Haritaki. The Nutrilite Traditional Herbs Range from Amway offers combined benefits of Organic Certified Herbs and DNA Fingerprinted herbs which is unique of its kind currently available in the market. Priced at INR 649 inclusive of all taxes, for a bottle of 60 tablets for each variant, the new range is compliant to the new Nutraceuticals Regulations i.e. The Food Safety and Standards (Health Supplements, Nutraceuticals, Food for Special Dietary Use, Food for Special Medical Purpose, Functional Food and Novel Food) Regulations, 2016 (‘Regulations’), issued by Food Safety Standard Authority of India (FSSAI).
Mr. Ajay Khanna, Category Head – Nutrition and Wellness, Amway India, said, “In this fast-paced life, it is extremely important to look after one’s health. The new wellness product range, from Nutrilite, is based on Indian traditional wisdom that addresses the day to day physiological challenges. We see a huge potential for growth as the traditional herbs resonate very well among the Indian consumers and the acceptability for these products is very high in the market. The new range offers assured level of Purity, Safety and Potency of herbs as it passes through a stringent seed to supplement process ensuring world class quality product. We are confident that the benefits of traditional herbs offered by our new range would be greatly appreciated by our consumers. Currently, Nutrilite contributes over 50% to the total turnover, and we expect that the new range will significantly increase the contribution of the brand to the overall turnover of the company. We will be supporting the launch with educational sessions for our distributors, along with the multi-media campaign focused at creating awareness on the category targeted at our discerning consumers.”
In order to maintain transparency, Amway is providing a QR code on the product packaging that explains the ‘Seed to Supplement’ journey of the manufacturing process alongside highlighting the three key pillars of Nutrilite Traditional Herbs which is Purity, Safety and Potency.
• Certified Organic Herbs: The herbs are sourced from farms that are OneCert Asia Agri Certification Pvt. Ltd. certified. Nutrilite ensures growing, harvesting and processing plants on certified partner organic farms from various parts of the country including MP, Karnataka, UP and Gujarat. Every ingredient used in Nutrilite products must meet our certification quality standards for safety, purity, and potency ensured through strict quality control, and sustainable practices.
• DNA Fingerprinted Herbs: also known as DNA profiling, DNA typing, or genetic fingerprinting is a novel approach that involves identification of a species by reading the genetic make-up at molecular level by generating barcode-like patterns. It also helps in identifying better quality with active form and free from any kind of contamination/adulteration.
• Nutrilite products are extensively researched, tested, and formulated to help people on their way to optimal health. Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) are followed at the manufacturing plant in Tamil Nadu for all the Nutrilite dietary nutraceuticals to ensure the safety, proper identification, and highest quality of the products. The research and development processes are strictly quality controlled. This plant is also LEED Gold Certified.
• Our products are formulated and manufactured within the ambit of the Nutraceutical Regulations laid out by FSSAI. This ensures that our products are not just truly premium, but are also safe.
• Non-GMO Range: The herbal supplements are prepared from certified non-GMO sources to prevent any unknown health hazards and it ensures safety. The certified organic herbs are sourced from certified organic farms conforming to the standards set by the National Programme on Organic Production (NPOP), a Govt. of India’s initiative towards development of organic agriculture, established in the year 2000.
• Active Ingredient/ Constituents: The quality and efficacy of Nutrilite’s new range lies in its high concentration of beneficial active ingredient/s which are extracted right from the herbs. This makes the quality of Traditional Herbs range truly premium. For instance, one tablet of Tulsi has benefits equivalent to over 100 dried organic leaves of Tulsi.
About Amway India
Amway India is a wholly owned subsidiary of Amway with headquarters located in Ada, Michigan, USA. Amway is one of the largest Direct Selling companies in the world with presence in over 100 countries & territories.
Globally, Amway is over 59 years old, US $ 8.6 billion, manufacturer and direct seller of quality consumer goods. Amway’s innovation and industry-leading R&D has seen more than 1200 patents granted and another 500 patents pending. Amway has nearly 1000 scientists across 75 research and development and quality assurance laboratories worldwide.
Amway India sells more than 140 daily use products across categories like Nutrition, Beauty, Personal Care, Home Care and Consumer durables through Amway Direct Sellers who make personal recommendations regarding the use of distinctive quality products. Amway products are widely recognized and appreciated for their quality and value. These products are backed by a money back guarantee for 100% satisfaction of use. With the aim of increasing consumer outreach Amway has set up 50 Xpress Pick & Pay stores across the country.
Amway products are popular not just in India but across the world. Nutrilite is the world’s No. 1 selling vitamins and dietary supplements brand. Nutrilite has established itself as a leading brand in the vitamins and dietary supplements category in India as well. Amway has signed Farhan Akhtar as the brand ambassador for the Nutrilite range in India to further promote the brand. Artistry is India’s No. 1 premium skin care brand. Amway India also offers ‘Attitude’, an entry level premium skincare and cosmetics brand targeted at India youth. The product range has been developed keeping the needs of Indian consumers into consideration.
Amway India is aggressively entering newer categories. Most notably, the company launched a Weight management program called ‘W.O.W.’ (Will over Weight) which has been really appreciated by the consumers in India. Amway forayed into the consumer durables segment with the launch of a premium cookware range Amway Queen and the Energy Drink and Sports Nutrition segment (Whey Protein) with XS. Recently, Amway announced the launch of Nutrilite Traditional Herbs developed specifically for the Indian consumers.
Amway’s manufacturing facility in India is located at Nilakottai in the Dindigul district of Tamil Nadu. This is Amway’s third manufacturing plant located outside of USA. The other plants are located in China and Vietnam. Amway India’s Plant in Dindigul district has achieved LEED ‘Gold’ certification by US Green Building Council (USGBC) which showcases our leadership in sustainability in the industry.
Amway India has been conferred with the ‘CSR Leadership Summit & Award’ in the category of ‘Promoting Employment for Specially-abled’. The company was recently awarded the ‘Great Place to Work 2017’ in recognition for the outstanding workplace culture, as well as the ‘Best HR practices’ in quality of life and ‘Managing Health at work’ by Times Ascent Asia-Pacific HRM Congress.