• Introduction of the programme comes after a suggestion from Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Mr. Dharmendra Pradhan
• First Entrance Exam on 24th December, 2017
• Number of seats: 20
• Program duration – 3 to 5 years (Maxium Time for completion of Ph.D – 6 years)
• Research Fellowship – Rs.20,000/- per month will be paid to full time scholars
December, 2017: Bhartiya Skill Development University, Jaipur (BSDU) has introduced for the first time 3-5 years full time doctoral programme with a multidisciplinary focus in skill related areas such as Management, Political Science & Public Administration, Mathematics, Chemistry, English, Library Science, Electrical, Mechanical, Agriculture Horticulture, Education, IT & Networking and Automotive. Details of research areas are available on the University Website (www.ruj-bsdu.in).
Brig SS Pabla, President, Bhartiya Skill Development University said, “The Doctoral programme has been introduced in the skill related areas after the valuable suggestion provided by the Hon’ble Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Mr. Dharmendra Pradhan post his visit on 17th November, 2017 to the Bhartiya Skill Development University, Jaipur. We have always aimed and intended to create the best and skilled talent that will prove to be beneficial for the future of this nation.”
Admission to the Ph.D program will be through the BSDU Entrance Exam for Ph.D scheduled on 24th Dec 2017. Candidates securing minimum 50% marks in the Entrance Exam will be interviewed by the University Research Committee (URC) and those declared successful will be provisionally registered for Ph.D. Their registration will be confirmed after successful completion of course work worth 8 to 10 credits to be specified by the URC.
The research program leading to award of Ph.D will follow the UGC Guidelines and will be regulated through the detailed regulations for Ph.D awailable on BSDU Website : www.ruj-bsdu.in.
The minimum programme duration is three years including period of course work. The programme has important milestones namely: course work worth 8 to 10 credits; writing and presentation of Research Protocol, Research Work including Data Collection & Analysis, Publication of Research Papers, Submission of Thesis, Defense of the Thesis after Review by External Experts. The work must be completed within three to five years (three to six years for women candidates). Extension of time for completion of Ph.D work will be granted only on extreme justifiable grounds.
The elegibility criteria is that the candidate must have a Master’s degree in the concerned discipline with a minimum of 55% marks from an Indian or foreign university, or a professional degree in a related discipline, certified as equivalent to the Master’s or M Phil by a competent authority. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories and differently abled candidates will be allowed 5% relaxation in the 55% marks in the qualifying degree specified in the eligibility conditions as per UGC Guidelines.. Candidates who have passed UGC/CSIR JRF & NET, SLET, GATE or have completed M Phil degree in relevant subject exempted from the written test. They should submit their certificate to this effect and will be called for interview directly.
Admission Process includes an Entrance Test which will be conducted at BSDU, Jaipur on the 24th December, 2017. The test will comprise 70% questions from relevant Research Area and 30% from Research Methodology.
IMPORTANT DATES & INFORMATION
• Application forms may be collected from controller of Examinations (CoE) office at BSDU or downloaded from the BSDU Website – www.ruj-bsdu.in
• Entrance Test Fee: DD of Rs. 1000/- (Non-refundable)
• DD in favour of: Bhartiya Skill Development University to be submitted with application giving details of applicant on revese of DD..
• Fee may also be paid through NEFT/RTGS in Bhartiya Skill Development University
• Account No. 667320110000281, Bank of India Bagru Branch Jaipur; IFSC Code: BKID0006673. NEFT/RTGS UTR Number must be mentioned in the Application or Receipt must be attached with the application.
• Interviews will be held in January 2018. Dates will be declared on the University Website www.ruj-bsdu.in.
Last date for submission of the Application Form: December 20, 2017