Hyderabad: The International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad (IIIT-H) announced the opening of admission process to its undergraduate programs for the academic year 2018-19.
Several changes to the admissions process have been introduced:
– JEE Mode: Admissions through the JEE (Main) marks is limited to single degree programs only for B. Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) and B. Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE).
– DASA Mode: Direct admission for students abroad will continue as announced on its website www.iiit.ac.in
– UGEE Mode: Admission to all research-based dual-degree programs will be through a new mode called UGEE. Admission in this mode is based on an entrance examination followed by an interview. This admission mode is to identify students with a strong aptitude for research.
Applicants who represented India at one of the four Olympiads (International Olympiad on Informatics (IOI) / Science Olympiad (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Astronomy) / Mathematics Olympiad / International Linguistics Olympiad (IOL) / Paninian Linguistics Olympiad (PLO) can apply for UGEE and will be called directly for an interview. They do not have to write the UGEE entrance examination.
– SCA Mode: A Special Channel of Admission (SCA) has been introduced from this academic year for single degree B. Tech. (ECE/CSE) programs. This channel is aimed at identifying students with extraordinary talent or background such as:
- selection in the central government scheme UDAAN (https://www.india.gov.in/spotlight/udaan-program-give-wings-girl-students), or
- studying in a six year integrated class XII + Four Year Undergraduate program and completing the second year of study in May 2018. (Example: integrated programs by RGUKT).
Applicants for SCA are required to appear for an entrance examination and interview. Up to 20 seats are available through SCA.
Financial assistance for needy students is being significantly enhanced from this year.
The entrance examination will be conducted in several centres across the country on April 18, 2018. The examination will be fully computer-based.
Application portal for UGEE and SCA modes open from February 05, 2018 – March 15, 2018
Date of Entrance Examination: April 18, 2018
Results of Entrance Examination: 1st week of May, 2018
Interview: 1st week of June, 2018
Application portal for JEE mode opens: 1st week of April, 2018
Application portal for DASA mode opens: 1st week of March, 2018