Mumbai: Transform Maharashtra, a state-wide competition invited ideas and solutions from educational institutes. Considering the current social and economic scenario, MBA(Tech.) students from NMIMS University’s Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management and Engineering (MPSTME) participated in three different themes like transforming rural education, Clean state: Swacch Maharashtra and Jai Kishan: Drought Free Maharashtra. The solutions received from the students were being judged for two exclusive categories of prizes ‘Judges’ Choice’ and ‘Popular Choice’ competing.
The competition saw more than 4 lakhs students competing, out of which 17 students from MPSTME participated reserving the 2nd runner up as per the Judges Choice Winners, where they presented their thoughts on the theme ‘Transforming rural education’. The proposal was presented to the industry experts like Shrikant Sinha, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of NASSCOM Foundation; Anand Lunia, co-founder of India Quotient, Vandana Goyal, CEO of Akanksha Foundation; Malati Gadgil, Co-founder of SWACH and Pranav Jivrajka, Founding Partner, OLA.
The objective of the competition is to encourage active involvement of youth in policy planning. Students actively participated and addressed eleven varied socio-economic challenges faced by the state such as drought, rural education, corruption, urban poverty, digital divide, cleanliness, developing sustainable cities, etc. in their presentations. The winners will be felicitated on May 1, 2017 by Mr. Devendra Fadnavis, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Maharashtra in the presence of an audience of 8000 students.
The 11 themes are as under-
1. Invisible citizens: Empowering the Urban Poor
2. Jai Kisan: Drought free Maharashtra
3. Leap of faith: Bridging the digital divide
4. Launchpad: Start-up Maharashtra
5. Smart & Smarter: Development of sustainable & liveable cities
6. Connect the dots: Improving Mobility in Cities
7. Clean Slate: Swachh Maharashtra
8. Clean Slate: Swachh Maharashtra
9. By the People: Citizen Engagement in Governance
10. Balancing the scales: Expediting Justice through Technology
11. Moulding the future: Reforming Rural Education