Notification of Scholarship Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan (Deemed University) set up by the Government of India for propagation and promotion of Sanskrit language invites applications in the prescribed form for award of merit Scholarship to :
Regular students studying Sanskrit in any recognized traditional Pathshalas / modern institutions Secondary / Senior Secondary Schools from 9th to 12th standard.
Regular students pursuing higher course of studies in Sanskrit in recognized educational Institutions at the levels of Shastri / Graduation / Acharya / Post Graduation / Vidyavaridhi / Ph.D.
Details for grant of scholarship are as under :
S. No. Courses of Study for which Scholarship is given Eligibility Criteria Scholarship Amount per month
1. 9th and 10th classes / Purva Madhyam* or equivalent courses with Sanskrit as a paper of at least 100 marks Must have passed the previous examination of the respective class with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent in the aggregate and also in the concerned subject i.e. in Sanskrit 250
2. 11th & 12th classes / Prak Shastri / Uttar - Madhyama and equivalent courses with Sanskrit as a paper of at least 100 marks 300
3. Shastri / Graduation / B.A. / B.A. (Hons.) and equivalent course of three years duration with Sanskrit as a subject of at least 100 marks Must have passed Plus 2 level examination with a minimum 60% marks or equivalent in the aggregate and also in Sanskrit 400
4. Acharya Degree in Sanskrit and its equivalent Post - Graduation Degree Must have passed Graduation with at least 60% marks in the aggregate in Sanskrit 500
5. Vidyavaridhi / Ph.D. and equivalent in Sanskrit Must have passed Acharya or M.A. in Sanskrit with at least 60% marks in the aggregate 1500/-**
** The student of Vidyavaridhi / Ph.D and equivalent courses shall also be entitled for a contingency grant of 2000/- per annum for two years.
Number of Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan Scholarship : Number of Scholarships to be awarded each year depends on the availability of funds.
Relaxation : Minimum percentage of marks for the candidates belonging to the categories mentioned below under eligibility criteria shall be as under :
SC / ST – 50 %
OBC – 55%
Women – 55%
Physically Handicapped – 50%
Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan Scholarship Terms & Conditions :
1. Students must have opted for the subject i.e. Sanskrit in the current class of Study for which he or she has applied for the Scholarship. However, the grant of Scholarship will depend on the marks secured in the previous class of study in the concerned subject and also in the aggregate as stipulated in this advertisement.
2. The Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan Scholarship up to Post – Graduate and equivalent courses will be tenable for one Academic year i.e. (10 months) starting from the 1st July and ending with 30th April. As Scholarship is awarded only for one academic year on the basis of marks obtained in the previous examination, students have to apply every year afresh. It will not be renewed automatically.
3. The Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan Scholarship for the Ph.D will be tenable for two full Years i.e. 24 months subject to satisfactory progress report.
4. Candidates applying for scholarship for 9* and 10th standard must submit the application duly countersigned by the concerned District Education Officer.
5. The Students of faculties of Arts or Humanities having Sanskrit as a major subject will be eligible for scholarship in case of Graduation and Post Graduation level.
6. The Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan Scholarship amount will be payable from the 1st July of every academic year and will be released in the name of the concerned students by account payee cheque through the Head of the concerned institutions. In case any student wishes to receive the Scholarship directly in his / her State Bank Account, he / she must furnish State Bank Account number in the application form legibly.
7. In the case of Ph.D and equivalent students, the institution concerned shall send Utilization Certificate and progress report on the work done by the scholar through the guide and Head of the Department, to enable the Sansthan to release Scholarship for the second year.
8. A candidate who receives any Scholarship or gets monetary benefits from any other institution will not be considered for Scholarship of the Sansthan under this Scheme. A candidate who accepts any remunerative job during the tenure of the Scholarship or undertakes to any other course of study which does not have component of Sanskrit will be disqualified from receiving this Scholarship.
9. The Sansthan reserves the right to make such changes in these terms and conditions as it may consider necessary. The Sansthan also reserves the right to reject any application after due scrutiny. The decision of the Sansthan in this regard will be final and binding.
10. Every student will be required to submit application form through the Competent Authority in the prescribed proforma indicating interalia :
That he / she is pursuing a course of study for which he / she has applied for the Scholarship with Sanskrit as a regular student.
That he / she is not in receipt of any other Scholarship from any other source.
That he / she is not employed anywhere.
That during the currency of the Scholarship if he / she is awarded
Scholarship from any other source and / or is employed he / she will immediately inform the Sansthan through proper channel
Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan Scholarship Application Procedure :
The application on the prescribed form along with attested copies of the mark – sheet of the latest qualifying examination and caste / category certificate in case of SC / ST / OBC / Physically Handicapped issued by the competent authority must be sent to the following address :
Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan (Deemed University) 56 – 57,
New Delhi – 110 058.
The application form can also be downloaded from Sansthan's website www.sanskrit.nic.in
Scholarship Deadline : December 5, 2010.
| Email Story
|| Print Story