The Advance Awards celebrate the work of global Australians making an extraordinary impact in the international setting in industry sectors that are of particular importance to Australia.
Announced on 8 September at an online awards ceremony, the Advance prizes celebrated their 10th anniversary this year. Nine of the 37 finalists were alumni of the University of Sydney, with four taking home the win across their categories.
Amongst our alumni winners, a groundbreaking cancer researcher, an internationally acclaimed conductor, a sustainable ocean economy advocate, and a micro-investing entrepreneur.
- Dr Bruce Stillman AO – Global Impact Winner
- Simone Young AM – Global Icon Winner
- Dr Darian McBain – Sustainability Winner
- Ed Robinson – Fintech Winner
- Thanh Van Dang – Alumni Category Finalist
- Derek Muller – Commercial Creatives Category Finalist
- Suhanya Raffel – Commercial Creatives Category Finalist
- Simone Young AM – The Arts Category Finalist
- Simon Loong – Fintech Category Finalist
- Patrick Grove – Technology & Entrepreneurship Category Finalist