In the new academic year, the Institute of Philology of PetrSU opens training on the new master’s program “National picture of the world in language, literature, culture”. The master’s program (14 budget places) prepares a specialist in the field of theory and history of the Russian language, foreign philology, comparative linguistics, translation, media literacy, cultural linguistics and ethnolinguistics and digital philology.
Director of the Institute of Philology Anna Yurievna Nilova told about how the training will take place:
– The course of study, in addition to professionally oriented subjects, includes research work, translation and teaching practice (in the 4th semester at the departments of the Institute of Philology and the press service of PetrSU, in other organizations), ends with the defense of the final qualifying work (master’s thesis) … The schedule of the educational process is flexible and allows the student in the magistracy to combine study with work.
– What diploma will the graduate receive?
– The graduate will receive a master’s qualification (degree) in the direction 45.04.01 “Philology”.
– Where will graduates be able to find a job?
– Graduates will be able to get a job in municipal educational institutions (with the possibility of working as a teacher of Russian language and literature in high school), institutions of science and culture, advertising agencies, publishing organizations, media centers, press services and PR departments of government bodies, state and commercial organizations, firms whose activities are related to translation services, contacts with foreign partners.
But a graduate of the master’s program can also enter postgraduate studies in any direction of training at PetrSU, other universities in Russia and foreign countries.
The Institute of Philology provides an opportunity during training to be trained, practice and participate in exchange programs abroad and in other cities of Russia.