Samsung S10 series and M20 along with OnePlus 6 series devices now compatible with Airtel’s Voice over Wi-Fi service
Bharti Airtel (“Airtel”), which was the first operator to introduce its Voice over Wi-Fi service in India, has added six new devices to the list of smartphones that are compatible with Airtel Wi-Fi Calling.
Now, Airtel customers on Samsung S10, S10+, S10e, M20 and One Plus 6 & 6T can configure Airtel Wi-Fi calling, which enables them to seamlessly switch to voice over wifi inside their homes/offices.
There is no extra charge for making calls via Airtel WiFi Calling. The service is LIVE in Delhi/NCR and is expected to be available in major Indian cities in the coming days.
Customers can get started on Airtel Wi-Fi calling on their smartphone without the need for any additional calling app, SIM.
Here is how you can get started with Airtel Wi-Fi Calling
1. Check device compatibility on airtel.in/wifi-calling
2. Upgrade device operating software to the latest version that supports Wi-Fi Calling*
3. Now, go to Settings on your mobile phone and Switch On Wi-Fi Calling to get started
4. Keep VoLTE switched on as well for a seamless experience
Complete list of Airtel Wi-Fi Calling compatible devices
· Apple: All iPhone models starting 6s and above
· Xiaomi: Redmi K20, Redmi K20 Pro & POCO F1
· Samsung: J6, A10s, On6, S10, S10+, S10e, M20
· OnePlus: All OnePlus 7 and 6 series devices