Apple deploys $1 billion in affordable housing support across California
Apple’s affordable housing commitments are designed to address housing scarcity and affordability across several distinct approaches, targeting various populations and filling existing gaps in the space. In partnership with Destination: Home, the California Housing Finance Agency (CalHFA), and Housing Trust Silicon Valley, the $1 billion in funding has helped support new housing development and construction, assisted first-time buyers purchase homes, and expanded programs to reduce homelessness.
- A first-of-its-kind $1 billion affordable housing investment fund with the state of California.
- A $1 billion first-time homebuyer mortgage assistance fund, with increased funding opportunities for essential services personnel, school employees, and veterans.
- $300 million in Apple-owned land made available for affordable housing.
- A $150 million Bay Area housing fund, in public-private partnership with Housing Trust Silicon Valley.
- $50 million to support Destination: Home’s efforts to address homelessness in Silicon Valley.