Starting this academic year,Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (BGU), Israel is now offering a new two-year Master’s program in Environmental Physics and Solar Energy.
The program is led by the Albert Katz International School for Desert Studies(AKIS)located on the SdeBoker Campus of BGU.
The program is designed for students to gain a deep and diverse understanding and capability in fields related to the environment and natural resources, while also developing their mental flexibility,enabling them to employ methods, terms, and concepts from different areas of research and move between such areas. Emphasis will be given on training students in classical physics areas that are relevant to environmental studies (nonlinear dynamics, continuum mechanics, fluid flow and heat and material transfer, light–matter interaction, semiconductor physics), applied mathematics (asymptotic methods, statistical methods, numerical methods), and other physical sciences-related fields (surface chemistry, optoelectronic properties of materials, optics).
Successful completion of the 2-year program will result in an M.Sc. in Environmental Physics and Solar Energy.
Deadline for Fall Semester 2021 is July 1, 2021
Spring Semester 2022 applications can also be submitted at this time.
Autumn (Fall) semester dates: October 17th, 2021 – January 14th, 2022
Spring semester dates: February 27th, 2022- June 24th, 2022
Application deadline:Application Deadline is July 1, 2021
Admission requirements for the program include a BSc. Degree in Natural Sciences or in Engineering Sciences in disciplines related to physics, mathematics, and chemistry, and to chemical, electrical, mechanical and materials engineering.
Tuition: Approximately $34,995 (per 2-year program)
Scholarship:Scholarships covering tuition and living expenses may be available to outstanding students.
How to Apply:
- Complete the online application form here: https://bgu4u.bgu.ac.il/pls/scwp/!app.gate?app=reg&f=1&d=2&lang=en
- Send the following documents directly to email@example.com:
- a)A certified copy of your diploma
- b)Certified copies of your academic transcripts
- c)Curriculum Vitae
- d)Two letters of recommendation along with the reference form, written by academicians
- e)Class rank (if available)
- f)Official copy of TOFEL examination score or IELTS examination score
- g) Student Housing Form– https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdaO3Bc1p301KH-JIxemGx-jO76gR6xfRVRlb5iiP6m4OiZXg/viewform
- h)A photocopy of the first page of your passport
- The admission requirements and terms will comply with the AKIS’s admission requirements and require approval of the program’s teaching committee.