New Delhi: A group of leading business stalwarts, top academics and senior bureaucrats have announced that they will invest INR 300 Cr to build Masters’ Union School of Business, a new age institution with razor sharp focus on technology to create the next-gen of business professionals for the digital economy. Based in Gurugram, the institution is a result of the collective vision of pre-eminent thought leaders and industry veterans like Arun Maira (Former Chairman, Boston Consulting Group), Mukund Rajan (Former MD, Tata Teleservices Limited, Karthik Ramanna (Director, University of Oxford), Narendra Jadhav (Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha and Former Chief Economist, RBI), Tathagata Dasgupta (Chief Data Scientist, Viacom) and Bhaskar Chakravorti (Former Professor, Harvard Business School and Former Partner, McKinsey & Company).
The campus of Masters’ Union School of Business will be located in Cybercity, Gurugram and will tap its locational advantage to build deep industry connect with over 600 MNCs based in the SEZ. Its flagship, 16-month intensive programme, PGP-TBM is uniquely designed to keep hands-on learning at its very core, delivering the courses using live consulting projects, field tours and internships, to offer students industry-immersive learning at every step. In addition to that, Masters’ Union’s will conduct tech boot camps in emerging technologies like artificial intelligence, blockchain, SAAS and Cybersecurity. The course will see students choosing unique industry concentrations like PE/VC, Digital and eCommerce, Technology, Product and Project Management and Banking to name a few, areas that are at the cross section of technology and business model disruption.
Masters’ Union School of Business will establish a unique student-run venture fund with a corpus of Rs 5 Crore that will invest in areas like real estate and capital markets. It will also have a Centre for New Business Models, a research-based forum that will formulate business opportunities in newer technologies like blockchain, bio-tech, and machine learning. Additionally, Masters’ Union will run a CXO shadow programme that would enable students to have a first-hand look into a day of a CXO to experience how organizations are run and business decisions are made.
Karthik Ramanna, Founding Master, Masters’ Union School of Business said, “The element I am most excited about is that the curriculum will be developed dynamically with inputs from leaders in business, leaders from the government as well as leaders from the third sector. This curriculum and pedagogy will ensure that students are receiving learning that is connected to and serves the need of the industry.”
Tathagata Dasgupta, Founding Master, Masters’ Union School of Business said, “In medical schools, doctors teach students, practicing lawyers teach in law schools, but in business schools, faculty may not have experience with hands-on leadership in the industry. That’s a gap Masters’ Union addresses by getting CXOs, MDs and business leaders to teach and train students.”
List of Founding Masters at Masters’ Union School of Business along with their teaching areas:
· Arun Maira (Former Chairman, Boston Consulting Group)- Management Consulting
· Mukund Rajan (Former MD, Tata Teleservices Limited)- How to be a Successful Brand Custodian
· Satish Krishnan (Former MD, Financial Markets, Standard Chartered Bank)- How Financial Markets and Fintech Work?
· Harsh Mishra (Former Group President, Adani Group)- Deal Making and Negotiations in the Global Economy
· Rajiv Gulati (Former MD, Eli Lilly and Company)- The Business of Pharmaceuticals
· Tathagata Dasgupta (Former Chief Data Scientist, Viacom)- AI, ML, Blockchain in Business
· Elkana Ezekiel (Former CMO, Samsung Electronics)- How To Build a Successful Brand
· Siddhartha Rastogi (MD, Ambit Capital, Asset Management)- How to Raise Capital
· Malavika R Harita (Former CEO, Saatchi & Saatchi Focus Network India)- Integrated Marketing Communications
· Karthik Ramanna (Director, University of Oxford and Former Professor, Harvard Business School)- Business and Public Policy
· Bhaskar Chakravorti (Former Professor, Harvard Business School and Former Partner, McKinsey & Company)- International Business
· Raghu Raman (Former President, Reliance Industries Limited and Former CEO, Mahindra Defence Systems)- Leading in a VUCA World
· Narendra Jadhav (Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha and Former Chief Economist, RBI)- How Does the Economy Work
· M.V. Rajeev Gowda (Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha and Former Professor, IIM Bangalore)- Business Decision Making
· Mihir Mankad (Former Professor, Harvard University)- The Arts of Communication
· Shailaja Chandra (Former Chief Secretary, Govt. of Delhi)- Influence of Government. on Business
· Prem Das Rai (Former Member of Parliament, Lok Sabha)- Influence of Politics on Business
· K Sujatha Rao (Former Health Secretary, Govt. of India)- How to Create Value in Health
· Baba Prasad (CEO, Vivékin Group)- Business Strategy for Managers