The UNESCO Tashkent Office is seeking an international expert for the development of electronic guidelines on the protection of World Heritage properties for the public, developers and heritage experts in Uzbekistan. The e-guidelines should serve as a user-friendly system to search, read and follow the procedures, guidelines and other good practices. They will be in accordance with the international standards on the preservation, management, promotion, development, reporting and monitoring of cultural heritage.
This activity is organized within the framework of the UNESCO/NedFIT project «Building capacity in managing WH properties, interconnection of development and heritage preservation in Uzbekistan and Central Asia».
- Responsible Unit: Culture
- Location: Uzbekistan
- Type of the contract: Individual Consultant Contract (International expert)
- Contract duration: August 2020 – January 2021
- Title of the activity: Situation assessment of the issues related to cultural heritage protection in Uzbekistan
- Closing date of application: 24 August 2020
Required qualifications/special skills or knowledge
The work shall be conducted by a cultural heritage specialist with proven experience and knowledge. Specifically, the specialist should fulfil the following criteria
- Proven experience (5-10 years) in international preservation, management, promotion, development, reporting and monitoring of cultural heritage
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of cultural heritage and World Heritage conservation
- Extensive experience working in developing country contexts
How to apply:
Qualified applicants are requested to send their comprehensive resume, cover letter to [email protected](link sends e-mail) or [email protected](link sends e-mail) with subject line: SURNAME First name – International expert on cultural heritage protection.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.