Call for Applications for Sheroes Summer School on Gender Equality and Development
UNESCO in partnership with the Institute for Gender and Development (IGDS) at the University of the West Indies, Regional Coordinating Unit award scholarships for young people to participate in the Sheroes Summer School for Gender Equality and Development.
The summer school is aimed at young people between the ages of 18 and 30 who want to join other young people from the English and Dutch-speaking Caribbean SIDS on a week-long journey that will introduce basic concepts in gender equality and development, as well as tools for project planning. The Call for Applications ends on August 29, 2021.
The young participants will:
- Learn and apply basic concepts in the field of Gender and Development.
- Develop their network and meet outstanding scholars, activists and experts
that promote women’s rights in the Caribbean.
- Meet like-minded peers from 20 countries and territories in Caribbean
Small Island States and join forces to develop their own project ideas to
promote Gender Equality in their community, organization or country.
- Learn about concrete tools to design their own project and drive social
- Receive tailored mentoring sessions and attend exclusive expert talks.
- A Certificate of Participation.