Cisco is a leading vendor in IT that attracts thousands of candidates annually. Their aim is to be Cisco certified, as this organization is a real authority in this field. Thus, these people aim to get better job, better career prospects and better salary. Cisco provides certification for any taste.
One of the most desirable credentials by Cisco is CCNP Routing and Switching. It provides the networking professionals with the ability to implement, plan, verify, as well as to troubleshoot the complex network enterprise. CCNP Routing and Switching also equips the candidates with the ability to collaborate and work with very skilled specialists on aggrandized voice, security, video, and wireless solutions.
As an IT professional, you should know that CCNP Routing and Switching certificationhas certain prerequisites that must be met. The distinct requirements that you should know are:
- A candidate must have an experience of at least one year in the networking field. Besides, one should be ready to learn in order to improve the skills already acquired in the field.
- A justified Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching certification or any category of Cisco CCIE certification can serve as a prerequisite in Cisco CCNP credential path.
For the candidate wants to acquire CCNP Routing and Switching certification, one should pass three exams. The order of taking does not matter since every exam is conducted independently. The exams included in Cisco CCNP Routing and Switching certification are the following:
- 300-101 ROUTE exam
This exam, 300-101, tests whether the candidates are familiar with the principles required to implement Cisco IP Routing. 300-101 is an ideal test for CCNP and CCDP credentials. After passing the exam, the candidates are approved in using complex IP addressing as well as routing techniques in securing Cisco routers. They are also equipped with the ultimate skills in implementing routers which are related to IPV6, LANs, and WANs.
- 300-115 SWITCH exam
Exam 300-115 (Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks) is a qualifying exam for certifications such as Cisco CCDP and Cisco CCNP. It proves that the candidates have the skills and knowledge in verifying, planning, and configuring the detailed enterprise switching solutions which use Cisco Enterprise Campus Architecture.
- 300-135 TSHOOT exam
This exam is focused on testing the skills applied in maintaining and troubleshooting Cisco IP Networks. It is also a qualifying exam for Cisco CCNP certification. 300-135 TSHOOT exam proves that the candidate has gained the skills and knowledge that are efficient in:
- Using systematic compatible approach in performing network troubleshooting
- Performing and planning maintenance on detailed switched networks and detailed enterprise route
300-101 ROUTE exam and 300-115 SWITCH exam consist of multiple-choice questions, while 300-135 TSHOOT exam mainly contains hands-on simulations. More details about these exams can be found at the official Cisco website.
CCNP Routing and Switching certification is worth each penny. The individuals who are passionate about networking and wish to dedicate their career to it can enroll in this certification. This credential gives one a feeling of accomplishment, makes one a valuable specialist, exposes one to more earnings, and provides job security. CCNP Routing and Switching is a good deal, so you should consider earning this certification.
Benefits of CCNP Routing and Switching certification
CCNP Routing and Switching certification has a series of advantages attached to it. It holds a great and relevant position in the technology industry. Possessing CCNP certification implies a good mastery of the skills in Routing and Switching. Below are some of the benefits of this credential:
- Skills and knowledge gained during the training in CCNP Routing and Switching provide a great base that makes an individual capable to work in physical and virtualized networks of today and tomorrow.
- This certification assists the holder to acquire great jobs in the technology industry. The holder can be assured of earning a higher salary since CCNP Routing and Switching certification is always associated with high-qualified specialists.
- Possessing CCNP Routing and Switching certification exposes the holder to a variety of promotions as they can work in different companies. The ultimate skills gained are tailored to a variety of promotions in companies that use networking to achieve their goals.
- Once the candidate has achieved CCNP Routing and Switching certification, they become “wanted persons” by companies which are in need of the specialists with a profound knowledge in routing and switching. This is because CCNP Routing and Switching exams require one to showcase his/her proficiency in every concept learned.
- The value and respect a CCNP holder acquires are very distinct. This is as a result of a tough process one undergoes to attain the certification. A very few people possess this credential.
- CCNP Routing and Switching certification does not require the candidate to do all the exams in the particular order to get certified. This is very beneficial to the candidate because one can concentrate and build a proper and suitable study plan.
CCNP Routing and Switching is a sturdy certification that demands working in labs, quality studying, and passing exams. Being a certified professional, one is exposed to multiple jobs such as:
- Network Engineer
- System Administrator
- Network Technician
Specialists with CCNP Routing and Switching certification are capable to earn significantly more than their uncertified colleagues. The average annual salary for the professionals with this credential is $10,2786.
Before you attempt any Cisco CCNP Route Dumps exam, it is very important to take a proper training. Be careful – some materials may contain outdated information. It is better to train using the official materials for CCNP Routing and Switching certification published by Cisco Press. These materials enable the candidates to maximize their skills and knowledge in a network enterprise. Some of the materials offered are eBooks, books, practice tests, video training, and simulator software. Use exam dumps during your exam preparation for CCNP R&S certification. Among the most reliable websites that provide the most valid and updated material are ExamSnap, ExamCollection, Exam-Labs, PrepAway.
Adjacent Certification for network engineers
CCNP R&S credential validates one’s skills to work collaboratively with specialist in wireless, security, voice and video solutions domains. For the candidates interested in getting CCNP Collaboration credential and working as network engineers whose daily tasks are to provide support of video, voice and messaging applications in organizations, candidates need to pass four exams. 300-075 exam is one them, and it checks one’s skills to implement Cisco IP Telephony and Video. The questions added to the exam cover the following topics: globalized call routing, Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site Telephony, Call Control Discovery among others.
According to the career path the prerequisite of getting CCNP certification is to get CCNA Collaboration credential. Cisco offers a wide variety of certification, still they are logically structured and can be easily tracked. It’s up to you which one to choose.
It is evident that the certification comes with a lot of benefits to both the professional and the employer. The professionals working in industries which apply the routing and switching techniques should consider possessing this certification. Good luck with your exams!