Mumbai: Most of us today live in a fast paced, technology intensive and increasingly urbanized world. In this race, the world of nature is often forgotten in daily hectic schedules. People are aware about global warming, climate change and other environmental issues surrounding them, wanting to take action but failing to understand how. BNHS Conservation Education Centre (CEC), Mumbai, presents an opportunity to know about the biodiversity in India through ‘Leadership Course in Biodiversity Conservation’ (LCBC). This is a good opportunity to enhance leadership qualities for conservation as well as for reconnecting with the realm of plants, animals, birds and butterflies along with their habitats.
LCBC and its benefits:
This hybrid part-time certificate course has online and field components with the content developed and thoroughly revised from time to time by BNHS scientists.
· Good insights into India’s biodiversity, habitats, conservation issues and sustainable living
· Opportunities to interact with naturalists/scientists from BNHS and other organizations during camps, field visits and online chat sessions
· Opportunity to document and learn about local biodiversity, which may even result in research papers, publication of articles or an opportunity to work part time as a resource person with BNHS CEC
· Possibility of participants taking up some leadership role in their own career areas for conservation through sustainable practices
· A certificate from BNHS and grades based on performance and participation
Anyone and everyone curious to learn about the biodiversity of India and its conservation can apply for this course. The basic qualification is 10th standard (any board). Other requirements include basic understanding about use of computer and internet (and access to the same).
The course duration is twelve months, June 2017 to May 2018. The monthly online assignments and chapters will be shared via emails in the first week of every month. Field visits will usually be held on Sundays or public holidays and field camps will also try to include weekends. Last date of registration for this course is 15th May, 2017.
For further details, please call on 9594953425 during office hours OR write to us on ‘email@example.com’