CIE-IIITH commences Summer 2022 cohort of Deeptech, Medtech and Mediatech Accelerator programs
Hyderabad:Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIE) at IIIT Hyderabad announced the onboarding of 10 startups, for the combined accelerator cohorts. Avishkar Deep Tech accelerator (Cohort 15), Ojas Medtech accelerator (Cohort 8) and the first cohort of new Media Tech accelerator. Since the launch of accelerators in 2016, there have been over 20 cohorts, 26 startups in the domains of AI, Ml, IoT, digital health; about 55% of them raising follow-on funding.
The Accelerator Kickoff for all shortlisted startups took place on 2 June 2022 in the presence of CIE’s panel of mentors and experts from the industry. From an overwhelming application pool of 150 startups, the selection committees shortlisted 10 startups for the program. The shortlisted startups were from domains of electronic manufacturing, property tech, digital health, tele-readiology, AI, Computer Vision, and Music production.
The accelerator programs offer shortlisted startups upto INR 40L Seed Fund along with a detailed 6-month program that proffers 4 streams of mentorship – Business Strategy, GoToMarket Plan, Technical Review and domain-specific mentorship. The program is facilitated jointly by CIE, IIIT Hyderabad, Co-creation Consulting, and SucSeed Indovation Fund among others. Resident mentors for the program guide accelerator startups towards defining a thorough customer segment and business strategy. The program also opens avenues for the startups through IIIT H’s research support and collated networks.
Prof. Ramesh Loganathan, COO CIE-IIITH says “In the 14 years since CIE was started, we have incubated over 400 startups; and are very happy to see our accelerator programs also now mature into an engine that is nurturing and amplifying 10-15 deep tech startups every year. And also that they have in recent years raised large rounds of follow on funding and generated significant employment”
The startups shortlisted for this cohort are:
● Avishkar Cohort 15
○ CloudWorx is a web-based IDE that lets users build applications and workflows for 3D content without writing any code.
○ Projexel is focused on industrial automation and robotics, providing solutions to help their customers increase production, reduce downtime, and lower operating and maintenance costs.
○ Drona Automations is focused on providing customized robots for a wide range of customers from individual private & public sectors.
○ NavaDesign & Innovations is working on a robotic system to solve the problem of manually tapping coconut trees.
● Ojas Cohort 8
○ PlebC is developing a Teleoperated Robotic Ultrasound System(TORUS) that can perform a safe & secure ultrasound even from remote locations ensuring “Diagnosis from a Distance”.
○ Astromeda has developed technology to access the health vitals and stress factors of individuals using e-fabric based health monitoring systems.
● Mediatech Cohort 1
○ Joly Ai is a SaaS and AI platform that automatically selects the best photos amongst many captured by the photographer.
○ Contelligenz provides AI-based tools – Platform personalization tool and Content analytics tool for the digital media platforms.
○ NeuralSync helps users generate personalized AI videos from the text as well as lip-sync existing videos into multiple languages.
○ Choira is an online ecosystem to empower customers with tools to jam, produce and explore music.