New Delhi: Today, at WebexOne, Cisco announced a wave of Webex innovations to help organizations collaborate seamlessly and transform their employee and customer experiences. Taking place on 9th and 10th December 2020, WebexOne is Cisco’s premier digital collaboration conference that brings together thought leaders, customers and partners to discuss the future of work.
Webex has a rich history of helping employees innovate and remain productive wherever they are. Since the pandemic, Webex has not only continued to help businesses thrive, but has also been an integral platform for governments to continue to lead remotely, doctors to meet with patients safely, and educators to teach students at a distance.
The announcement of the latest innovations comes as companies across the globe are preparing for a ‘hybrid’ future of work – where employees move between office-based and remote working with greater frequency – in a post-pandemic world. Cisco has set out a clear vision of how technology can help customers realize that future today and create a more inclusive world for all. The innovations announced include:
The All New Webex
The all new Webex available today, provides a single secure place for connecting and getting things done – call, meet and message on one app. More than 50 innovations announced fall into three areas: seamless collaboration, smart hybrid work experiences, and intelligent customer experiences, all built on the rock-solid security and privacy synonymous with Cisco. The new features available today include:
· noise cancellation and speech enhancement
· transcriptions and closed captioning
· highlights and action items
· enhanced video layouts and Webex Huddle (spontaneous meetings with a single click)
· a number of AI-powered features in messaging and new calling features help you focus on what matters most. For more information, please see this blog: What’s new in Webex
· New analytics features (People Insights powered by the Webex Graph) deliver highly personalized insights and actionable recommendations to individuals, teams, and organizations
Cisco also announced real-time translations in nine different languages, in-meeting gestures powered by body movement recognition, and immersive sharing capabilities. These features will be available in the coming months. For more information, please see this press release, blog: Welcome to the All New Webex by Cisco’s Javed Khan, and supporting video: The All New Webex.
New Webex Devices
A range of new devices, which together with the rest of Cisco’s intelligent portfolio, will provide seamless, smart experiences whether you’re at home or office. These include:
· Webex Desk Camera: Packed with intelligent features like facial recognition and occupancy metrics, the Webex Desk Camera is perfect for both the home and office. You can now mute and unmute your microphone with a simple gesture – an industry first that no other USB camera can do.
· Preview – Webex Desk Hub: With many organizations rethinking and reconfiguring their office space, getting back to the office may mean more hotdesking for employees. With the new Webex Desk Hub, it’s super simple to make any available desk your personal space. This new category of device is powerful enough to provide amazing quality video meetings and phone calls but also allows you to connect all the things you’ve come to rely on for productivity and collaboration such as your own camera, headset, display, laptop and mobile. It is wrapped with intelligence to provide a consistent experience that enables you to get work done. In addition, Webex Desk Hub lets you reserve a desk using your laptop, badge or cell phone to authenticate your identity. This is not a basic device for hotdesking as you know it; the Webex Desk Hub is truly built for a new way of working.