Shopian: In view of surge in Covid-19 cases in the district, the Deputy Commissioner (DC) Shopian, Sachin Kumar Vaishya today said that as per the drafted plan the Vaccines were administered category wise and each of the beneficiary should come forward for Vaccination as these Vaccines are fully safe.
The DC said that anyone can get the vaccine without any fear or apprehension, people should not pay any heed to the rumours and there is no need to worry about, as it has no side effect at all.
Stressing on the need to adhere to the Covid related SOPs and guidelines, the DC said that the need of the hour is to make usage of masks, maintain social distancing besides other Covid SOPs and not to vent out unnecessarily but stay at home to prevent further spread.
The DC said that the people can also seek the help of Tehsildars, Naib Tehsildars, BDOs and Patwaris who can guide and get them vaccinated at various Vaccination Centres established in the district for the purpose.
He said that during his surprise visit to the Shopian market, he found that some people are taking it lightly and not using the masks and were fined on the spot.
He said that 92 percent of the age group of 45 years have so far been vaccinated till date in the district and the remaining target of 8 percent is expected to be vaccinated soon.
The DC appealed to the people of the district to cooperate with the District Administration, give their full support in handling and completing the required target in time to break the chain of spread of virus.