DesignUp 2021 Conference launches its 5th Edition Virtually; Aims to raise 10 million for COVID-19 Relief Work
New Delhi: DesignUp, one of the most influential design-in-tech events in India and Southeast Asia is coming up with its 5th edition. To be held for select hours on every Friday, Saturday and Sunday starting 11th June to 20th June, the conference has also been designed to support communities during these tumultuous times through a fundraising event. As part of the #DesignUpForACause initative, 100 percent of the proceeds will be extended to organizations working in rural and deeper pockets of the country. Through the conference and the fundraising event, the organizers aim to raise INR 10 million or more.
Speaking about the DesignUp 2021 Conference, Jay Dutta, Founder/Curator DesignUp Conference & SVP at MakeMyTrip, said “As India slowly emerges from the second wave, we hope to make a difference through the DesignUp 2021 conference by extending support to people fighting the severity of the seond wave in the rural parts of India.”
This year, DesignUp has an iconic lineup of speakers and has gone beyond its focus areas of Design-In-Tech (Ux, Interaction, Product, Data, etc) to have representation from the world of branding, marketing, motion graphics, illustration & storytelling, content, and much more. Some notable speakers who will be addressing the attendees, include:
- Don Norman, former Apple Exec, founder of Normal Nielsen Group, the man who coined the term UX and one of the most celebrated Designers in the Design+Tech World.
- Karin Fong Emmy Award winning Creative Director of Imaginary Forces
- Payal Arora, Digital Anthropologist and Expert of The Next Billion Users
- Julie Zhuo – former VP of Design at Facebook and author of Making of a Manager
- Suresh Eriyat, multiple award winning stop-motion animator for films such as Tokri and Fisherwoman and the Tuk-Tuk
- Jan Chipchase User Researcher, known for his insightful work for companies around the globe
- Apoorva Baxi of DixonBaxi one of the most respected global branding agencies
- Adeola Enigbokan, Environmental Psychologist who works on built environments, systems and their impact
- Devi Lockwood, Ecologist and ideas Editor for RestofTheWorld
- Gurman Bhatia – former Data Journalist for Reuters and a former speaker at DesignUp
Conference passes have been priced at minimum of Rs 6,750 ($90) will be treated as donations for the #DesignUpForACause.
Please find the link to the detailed 6 day event schedule here – https://www.notion.so/designup/DUp21-Schedule-in-India-Time-IST-9f6ab38725b84a338b3296ce6c4ed085