VARANASI : Banaras Hindu University will play host to the national launch of Dr. Ambedkar Centre of Excellence on 22nd April, 2022, by Hon’ble Social Justice and Empowerment Minister, Government of India, Dr. Virendra Kumar, in the august presence of Hon’ble Governor of Uttar Pradesh Smt. Anandiben Patel and Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor, BHU, Prof. Sudhir K Jain. The scheme under the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India, will provide free coaching for Civil Services Examinations to the students from Scheduled Caste Category. The proposed centre is being set up in 31 Central Universities from all over the country, Banaras Hindu University, being one of them. The launch program is scheduled to take place at the Shatabdi Krishi Prekshagrih, Institute of Agricultural Sciences, which will be graced by Hon’ble Ministers of State, Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India and several senior officials from Government of India, Uttar Pradesh Government and Dr. Ambedkar Foundation, New Delhi. Vice-Chancellors of all the other universities, where the Centre is to be set up, will also be present on the occasion. Two MoUs shall be signed between the Dr. Ambedkar Foundation and implementing universities for setting up the centres and Dr. Ambedkar Chairs.
Key points about Dr. Ambedkar Centre of Excellence:
- Each Centre will have 100 seats for coaching
- 33% of total sanctioned seats may preferably be given to eligible female candidates of SC category
- Three faculty members to be appointed in each Centre
- Centres proposed to have separate classrooms, Library, Hi-speed Wi-Fi connectivity and other required infrastructure for smooth functioning
- Entrance test to be conducted for taking admission in the centre to avail coaching
Prof. R. N. Kharwaar, Department of Botany, Institute of Science, has been named the nodal officer for the launch programme of DACE in Banaras Hindu University.