Drone use permission to Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University (PJTSAU)
New Delhi: Aligning with the objectives of the Government of India to promote the scope of drone usage in the country, the Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) and the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) have granted conditional exemption to Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University (PJTSAU) to use drones. The drone usage exemption has been granted for the evaluation and standardization of plant protection solutions, Agri Spraying, and developing protocols for the diagnosis of major pests and diseases in PJTSAU research farms in Telangana.
The conditional exemption is valid till 16th March 2022 from the date of issue of the letter or until the full operationalization of Digital Sky Platform (Phase-1), whichever is earlier. This exemption shall be valid only if all conditions and limitations as stated below are strictly adhered to. In case of violation of any condition, this exemption shall become null and void.
Conditions and limitations to the PJTSAU & Marut Dronetech Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad for drone usage:
- Operating restrictions must be adhered to as stipulated in extant Govt. regulations.
- Compliance of conditions on the permissions or exemptions from various agencies such as MOCA/DGCA/MOD/IAF/AAl/State/District/Civic Authorities. Third-Party Insurance shall be in place before operations.
- Adherence to SOP, however, these may change, for any unavoidable conditions if arises which may be recorded in writing.
- Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University (PJTSAU) and Marut Dronetech Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad shall be responsible for safe operation and legal issue if any on account of any damage occurred to any person or property.
- DGCA & MOCA shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage to any life/property arising from or related to this activity.
- This SOP shall be valid exclusively for Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University (PJTSAU) for evaluation and standardization of plant protection solutions and developing protocols for diagnosis of major pests and diseases using drones in PJTSAU research farms, Telangana.
- The above approval is without prejudice to the compliance of the provisions of extant Rules, Applicable Civil Aviation Requirements (CAR), and various Circulars issued by DGCA from time to time. Further if at any time during the aforesaid validity of this approval any violations found then this approval may be altered, suspended, or cancelled without giving any reasons thereof.