New Delhi: With this pandemic, it has been realized that the new normal for education will require us to reboot all we have known about school education: An engaging classroom, buzzing corridors, and in-person teacher-student communication. We have all recognized the fact that school educators have a duty to act from their highest selves and rethink the traditional educational model, by converting it into a meaningful interactive space for the learners.
While everybody seems to associate virtual learning with the new normal, it certainly isn’t the whole story of education. Virtual learning has become a key element of learning, but there are other facets to pay attention to while defining the new normal.
In this context, FICCI ARISE has initiated a webinar series in partnership with Cambridge University Press, “SCHOOLS POST LOCKDOWN – What? Why? How?”. These webinars will be held on 30th May, 3rd June and 10th June 2020, where in the education stalwarts from India and Abroad will reflect on the What? Why? And How? of Schools post lockdown.
In the midst of dealing with the impact of COVID-19 pandemic, it is important to start planning for how schools can re-open! Through this webinar series we aim to find out innovative practices to help education systems re-build equity and inclusive programmes for effective education.
Following edu-experts have featured/lined up to be featured in this webinar series:
- Dr. Joseph Emmanuel, Director-Academics, CBSE
- Dr. Abdulla Rasheed Ahmed, Minister of State for Education, Republic of Maldives
- Ms. Preeti Hingorani, Vice President – Brand, Cambridge University Press
- Mr. Naga Prasad Tummala, Member – FICCI ARISE Governing Body and Director, People Combine
- Ms. Shobha Mishra Ghosh, Assistant Secretary General, FICCI
- Dr. Bijaya K Sahoo, Chairman-East Zone, FICCI ARISE and Chairman, Sai International School, Bhubaneshwar, Odisha
- Lt. Gen. SH Kulkarni (Retd), Member, FICCI ARISE and Director, Mayo College, Ajmer
- Ms. Abha Adams, Education Advisor
- Mr. Mark Beales, Head of Senior School, AIS, Vietnam and Cambridge Panel Member
- Ms. Ramya Venkataraman, Founder & CEO – Centre for Teacher Accreditation (CENTA)
- Ms. Kavita Sanghvi, Principal, SVKM CNM School, Mumbai
- Dr. Arunabh Singh, Chair-UP (West), FICCI ARISE and Director, Nehru World School
- Mr. Raghav Podar, Chairman-West Zone, FICCI ARISE and Chairman, Podar Group of Schools
Through the first webinar conducted on 30th May 2020, we made an outreach to educators from over 460 cities and 41 countries, with close to 15,000 viewers on various platforms so far! For registrations please write to email@example.com