Get involved with global events of Education for Sustainable Development in May
In parallel of the World Conference on Education for Sustainable Development, UNESCO is encouraging people to take part in global efforts to promote Education for Sustainable Development in the month of May.
Education for Sustainable Development empowers learners of all ages with knowledge, skills, values and attitudes to be change-makers ready for the challenges of today and the future. The World Conference on Education for Sustainable Development is a platform for urgent global commitment to ESD for 2030, the global framework for this new decade of Education for Sustainable Development, for the promotion of transformative education and for international conversation on the future of education for people and the planet.
Although the Conference is limited to invited participants, it will be livestreaming the following key sessions on YouTube so people around the world can follow along, learn more about ESD and be part of the conversation on #ESDfor2030 and the ESD LinkedIn Group. Stay connected to the sessions by signing up to the ESD Newsletter.
You can be part of promoting Education for Sustainable Development by sharing why you want to #LearnForOurPlanet.
There will be over 100 ESD events taking place in Germany in May, as part of action weeks organized by the German National Commission for UNESCO and the Federal Ministry of Education and Research to celebrate the World Conference.
Join and watch some of the events happening around the world in the month of May:
- 2021 Transformative education for the 21st century – transatlantic perspectives (watch back) – Ban Ki-moon Centre for Global Citizens and UNESCO Chair at York University Toronto
- IAU Webinar Series: Acting and Educating for Sustainable Development at Universities (watch back) – International Association of Universities IAU-AIU
- Celebrate your Trash Hacks: Webinar for sharing, inspiring and calling for change – UNESCO (EN, FR, ES)
- May Day for Sustainability – Take 1 Programme (ENG)
- Erinnerungsprojekte und BNE zusammen denken – ESD-Centre/BNE-Zentrum (DE)
- The implementation of local sustainability strategies in Brunswick and Wolfenbüttel – Brunswick European Law School (DE)
- Jornada “El reto de educar para la Sostenibilidad: competencias y formación docente en la Educación para el Desarrollo Sostenible” – Universitat Obertade Catalunya (ES)
- Célébration de journée internationale du vivre ensemble en paix le 16 Mai – Commission Nationale Algérienne pour l’Education, la Science et la Culture (FR)
- SDGs in action! The World’s Future simulation – System’s Solutions (EN)
- V Foro Internacional CLUBES UNESCO: La educación camino hacia el Desarrollo Sostenible (ES)
- Proyecto DESPLASTIFÍCATE. Escuelas Asociadas de la UNESCO. Galicia. Marco teórico AGENDA 2030 Y ODS. Finalidad: Reducción del plástico en las escuelas y en los hogares.(ES)
- Unpacking Education for Sustainability – Shelburne Farms & the UVM Tarrant Institute in Vermont (EN)
- Embedding ESD Principles in Social Entrepreneurship Programs – Community Capacity Builders (EN)
- Earth Action Hub (for youth) – Foundation for Environmental Education (EN)
- Celebrate sea and biodiversity – Bemposta a Circular (EN, PT)
- ANGEL Conference 2021: Pedagogy Of Hope And Global Social Justice – Academic Network on Global Education & Learning (EN)
- Imagine 4.7 – Bridge 4.7 (EN)
- La Crisi de la Biodiversitat- Congrés Nacional d’Educació Ambiental (ES)
- Storytelling as a tool to decolonize conservation – Resolve Conservation (EN)
- Climate Education: Understanding the past to empower climate action -SECLI-FIRM (EN)
Please note that UNESCO is not organizing the above-mentioned events UNESCO nor hold any responsibility or liability for the content or communications as part of the events.