New Delhi: HCL Technologies (HCL), a $10B global technology company, which inaugurated its Global Development Center in Sri Lanka in Sept 2020 had announced its aim to create 3,000 jobs in three to five years. In continuation with its commitment, HCL Sri Lanka has within the first two quarters staffed 500+ amidst the challenging pandemic times. These jobs are largely for Application & Product Development, Digital Technologies, Networking & Cloud Solutions and Infrastructure Services.
HCL was recently ranked 30 by Forbes as one of The World’s Best Employers for 2020, honoring HCL among the top global employers in the world. The company as part of its support for the government skilling mission has launched HCL TechBee – an early career program for A level completed students. The program equips selected candidates with future-ready IT skills, which otherwise are performed by IT graduates. Candidates undergo a year long training and apprenticeship to become software engineer / analyst.
Key Highlights of the TechBee program:
• Eligible students who wish to enroll in the program must take an online Career Aptitude Test (HCL CAT). HCL CAT is an online assessment test designed to check your aptitude in areas of Quantitative Reasoning (Mathematics), Logical Reasoning and English language.
• Students who get selected for TechBee get a stipend during their internship on live HCL projects.
• Candidates who complete the TechBee training program become full-time HCL employees and enjoy the same career progression and benefits covering higher education, healthcare, as well as a range of employee welfare programs.
• Post becoming a full-time employee at HCL the candidates can continue their graduation program at the Horizon Campus.
• Students can apply for TechBee program by visiting the website: https://hclsrilanka.com/techbee/.