Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India conducts National Road Safety Awareness Campaign in Jharkhand
Jharkhand : Re-emphasizing the need for road safety awareness among the people to build a collision-free India post COVID era, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India’s (HMSI) National Road Safety Awareness Campaign reaches Dhanbad in Jharkhand.
The two-days camp (30-31st May 2022) at the Raja Shiv Prasad College in Dhanbad, Jharkhand witnessed spirited participation from over 1,500 college students and staff members who set out to imbibe the safe riding practices. HMSI’s road safety instructors utilized the age appropriate road safety learning programs to enhance the retention of road safety awareness among all.
Speaking on HMSI’s commitment towards sensitizing India on road safety, Mr. Prabhu Nagaraj, Operating Officer – Brand & Communication, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “Road safety education is essential for developing a road safety mindset. Continuing to further strengthen our commitment of building a safer India on roads, we have resumed our on-ground road safety training – National Road Safety Awareness Campaign. With this campaign, we aim to cultivate the right road safety habits amongst the new and upcoming riders as well as help adults in understanding the importance of using the roads safely.”
Honda’s National Road Safety Awareness program made learning fun yet scientific through:
- SCIENTIFICALLY DEVISED LEARNING MODULE: Honda’s skilled instructors set the foundation with theory sessions on road signs & markings, driver’s duties on road, riding gear & posture explanation and safe riding etiquettes.
- PRCTICAL LEARNING: A special training activity on Honda’s virtual riding simulator was executed for all to experience over 100 possible dangers on road before actual riding.
- INTERACTIVE SESSION: Participants were given danger prediction training known as Kiken Yosoku Training (KYT) which helps in enhancing rider/driver’s sensitivity to danger and ensures safe driving action on roads.
- EXISTING DRIVERS HONING RIDING SKILLS: Students & school staff members who are already existing riders tested & honed their riding skills through slow riding activities and riding on narrow planks.
- LEARNING IN A FUN WAY: To ensure that the young students could learn more about road safety, Honda also conducted fun educational activities like road safety games and quizzes on daily basis
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India’s CSR commitment towards Road Safety:
For Honda globally, road safety comes first. As announced in April 2021, “Honda will strive for zero traffic collision fatalities involving Honda motorcycles and automobiles globally by 2050”. Fulfilling its corporate social responsibility (CSR), HMSI has been promoting road safety in India since its start in 2001. Working towards the realization of Honda’s global safety vision, today HMSI’s road safety awareness initiative has already spread to over 45 lac Indians. Its team of skilled safety instructors conduct daily programmes at its 10 adopted traffic parks across India and 7 Safety Driving Education Centres (SDEC).
Not only this, all 1000+ dealerships of HMSI across India spread road safety awareness. HMSI’s proprietary virtual riding simulator increases the risk-prediction ability of riders; while new customers too are given predelivery safety advice (PDSA) before they start riding at every dealership across India.
Additionally, ensuring that learning doesn’t stop in the New Normal, HMSI started the digital road safety education initiative – Honda Road Safety E-Gurukul. Since its start in May’20, this initiative has sensitized 7 Lac+ Indians on importance of being aware & responsible road users.