Bengaluru: Bangalore’s premier educational institution, IFIM Business School has become the candidate institution for University of London’s Global MBA program. The students graduating under the programme shall receive the degree by University of London. Professional accreditation from major bodies, including CMI and CIMA provide students a chance to gain the Chartered Manager status during the programme.
The Global MBA is an integrated program where the duration of the course will be one year. The core modules of the program include Accountancy and Finance, Economics and Marketing, Organisational Behaviour and Human Resource Management and Strategic Management. Students are given the opportunity to become specialists in Accountancy, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Finance, Law and Leadership. The course culminates with the successful completion of a Strategic Project aimed at making them employment ready.
Dr. Abhishek Nirjar, Director, IFIM Business School, stated that there is a dire need for executives to re-skill and upskill themselves in these dynamic times, “University of London’s Global MBA programme is an opportunity for executives to boost their careers with best in class management education. The University is known for its well-designed curriculum and content. This, coupled with the faculty of IFIM Business School, will have a major impact on transforming learners into global managers. We would like to encourage those aspiring to be global managers to enroll for this programme.”
Rebecca Turner, Institutions Support and Development Manager, University of London International Programmes, who announced the program at IFIM Business School said, “Students pursuing the course, can be part of the webinars, online forums, and gain access to our extensive library under the facilities offered by the University of London. By being part of the International Programme, it will help students receive the same mentoring as a student studying in the main campus. More importantly, they are connected to the 1,00,000 strong alumni network of students from over 180 countries, which helps in building connections with the network from over the world”
The eligibility criteria for this program is a minimum of 50% in the undergraduate degree and three years of work experience. Students from India can enroll for the Global MBA program at IFIM Business School where the complete academic direction will be from Queen Mary University of London.
Dr. Nitin Balwani, Dean, Planning and Development, IFIM Business School, highlighted the factors that impact the presence of international education in India, “The Global MBA course is in line with the Bespoke program of IFIM Business School. This allows flexibility for students to pick courses according to their interests. The Bespoke program gives students the freedom to mold their career as per their needs. The highlight of the course is a University of London degree coupled with the relevant curriculum and academic delivery. It has been curated to meet the needs of aspiring executives at an affordable price. In addition, global exposure in higher education is accessible to students locally.”
IFIM Business School has also tied up with reputed agencies and banks who would be willing to extend an educational loan to aspiring students.
Currently, IFIM Business School is a candidate center. It has demonstrated a sustained commitment to developing excellence within students through teaching. This is one of the factors required to qualify as an affiliate center and IFIM is on the path toward it.
About Queen Mary University of London:
A member of the prestigious Russell Group, Queen Mary was recently ranked among the world’s top one per cent of universities by Times Higher Education (World University Rankings, 2016–2017). It is also among the 25 most internationally diverse universities in the world. Queen Mary University of London places a high priority on the integration of its teaching and research. This ensures that the MBA study materials are informed by the latest developments in the industry and are fully relevant to student needs.
About the University of London:
● The University of London was established in 1836 by Royal Charter. It is made up of 18 independent member institutions and 9 research institutes. These institutions, including the LSE, UCL, King’s College London and the London Business School are recognized globally as world leaders in higher education.
● The University of London is the world’s oldest provider of academic awards through distance and flexible learning, dating back to 1858, when the University of London was awarded a Royal Charter by Queen Victoria.
● In 1858 Charles Dickens described the University of London as ‘The People’s University’ when it’s 1858 Royal Charter extended access to degrees to those who could not come to London to study.
● Today, students of the University of London study from a suite of 100+ academic programmes through the International Programmes, with some taking the award through self-study or through support from local teaching institutions.
● The International Programmes is the world’s largest classroom, with more than 50,000 students worldwide, and over a million learners on the Coursera online platform for short courses, bringing the International Programmes’ global reach to more than one million people around the world, across more than 180 countries.