Kolkata: Indian Institute of Management Calcutta conducted its Annual Convocation 2021 over a virtual ceremony today. The landmark event was graced by the IIM Calcutta alumnus and Chief Economic Advisor to Govt. of India, Dr Krishnamurthy Subramanian as the Chief Guest along with Shri Shrikrishna Kulkarni, Chairperson – Board of Governors, IIM Calcutta and Dr.Subir Bhattacharya, Director-in-charge, IIM Calcutta.
462 students of the 56th batch of the 2-year flagship MBA programme were awarded their degrees, 61 students were awarded for the 1-Year MBAEx Programme. The award of diplomas was announced for 36 students in Post Graduate Programme for Executives for Visionary Leadership in Manufacturing (PGPEX VLM) and 57 students in Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA). The Institute also conferred 14 students with their PhD degrees. Commencing this year, a new doctoral student award ‘Nirmal Chandra Memorial Doctoral Student Award’ has been instituted for PhD graduating candidate obtaining the highest CGPA.
The e-ceremony began with the introduction of the Chief Guest and the presentation of Annual Report by Dr. Subir Bhattacharya, Director-in-charge.
This was followed by the address of the Chairperson, Board of Governors Shri Shrikrishna Kulkarni.
The Convocation Address was delivered by Dr Krishnamurthy Subramanian.
For achieving academic excellence, the following students were honored with medals and awards:
● Under Doctoral Studies, The Satish K Sehgal Doctoral Student Award for excellence in scholarship and organizational citizenship was awarded to Rishikesan Parthiban. The Best Publication Award by IIM Calcutta Alumni Association Mumbai Chapter was awarded to Vivek G. Nair, and the newly newly instituted Nirmal Chandra Memorial Doctoral Student Award was awarded to Priyanshu Gupta for obtaining the highest CGPA during his doctoral studies at the Institute
● Under the 2-year MBA Degree Programme, Arpit Bajaj and Himanshu Mahalka were awarded with Dr. B C Roy Gold Medal for 1st Rank holder, Chairman’s Prize, John Wynne Prize, Calcutta Management Association Trophy, P C Chandra Silver Medal for 1st Rank holder and IIMC Alumni Association Calcutta Chapter prize. Their names will be instated in the Institute’s Honour Roll. Ramandeep Singh Saini received TIL Award for 3rd rank holder, IIMC Alumni Association, Calcutta Chapter Award for Outstanding Academic Performance for 3rd rank holder, Dr. B.S. Dua Memorial Prize for 3rd rank holder and name on the Institute’s Honour Roll.
● Under 1-year MBAEx Programme, Saunak Saikia was awarded with the Gold Medal, sponsored by the Calcutta Chapter of the IIMC Alumni Association, Institute Book Prize, Book Prize sponsored by Taylor & Francis Group, and name in the Director’s merit list. Ramit Batra ranked 2nd and received a Silver Medal sponsored by the IIMC PGPEX First Batch Alumni along with other prizes and name in the Director’s merit list. Himanshu Jain ranked 3rd and received a Silver Medal sponsored by the IIMC PGPEX Fourth Batch Alumni along with other prizes and name in the Director’s merit list.
● Under 1-year PGPEX – VLM, Abinash Pani received PGPEX-VLMP Gold Medal for First Rank Holder, Bikram Keshari Panda received JICA Gold Medal for Second Rank Holder and
Sai Sandeep V received IIMC Alumni Association Calcutta Chapter Gold Medal for Third Rank Holder. Their names will be in the Directors’ Merit List.
● Under PGDBA, the 1st ranker, Askar Babu U received a gold memento, Rs. 50,000 as cash prize and a merit certificate. The 2nd ranker, Vanya Sinha got Rs. 40,000 as cash prize and a merit certificate. The 3rd ranker, Vidyadhar Mudium got Rs. 30,000 as cash prize and a merit certificate.
The e-ceremony concluded with a vote of thank and the singing of the national anthem.