Kozhikode : Students from leading national Institutes have bagged the top honours at ‘IIMK Scholars for Future 2021’ Award Programme. The Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, had constituted the Award Programme for early stage doctoral students (PhD) in Management category from the Institutes/Universities ranked in the NIRF rankings, as part of Institute’s Silver Jubilee celebrations. The three doctoral students who have been awarded the inaugural IIMK Scholars for Future 2021 Award programme are:
- Mr. Ravikanth Vazrapu (IIM Bangalore)
- Ms. Bhadra K V (IIT Madras)
- Ms. Geethika Raj (IIM Kozhikode)
The brainchild of IIMK’s current Director, Prof. Debashis Chatterjee, applications for the Award Programme were invited from students pursuing PhD or an equivalent programme (enrolled after June 2019), from all over India. From a total of 72 registrations, 19 eligible futuristic and innovative research proposals on selected themes submitted by the participants were reviewed by a panel consisting of the faculty members of IIMK and other reputed institutions. Six candidates were shortlisted for an interview with a board of academics. After a final round of interaction with the Director, IIMK with the recommended participants, the three doctoral students were selected for the award of ‘IIMK Scholars for Future 2021’. The winners will be presented with a cash award of 1.5 Lakh INR each along with the opportunity to present their proposals in the recently concluded PAN IIM World Management Conference hosted by IIM Kozhikode. The Scholars will also have the opportunity to receive expert mentorship from renowned IIMK faculty and guidance in getting their papers published in leading academic journals.
Congratulating the early-stage Scholars for their achievement, and the high relevance of their award winning research topics in current circumstances, Prof. Debashis Chatterjee, said “The 21st century is going to be India’s century. Young researchers of today hold the key to the questions of tomorrow. IIMK Initiatives like ‘IIMK Scholars for Future 2021’ has set new benchmarks in terms of recognising research traits like academic rigour, research focus, education excellence and will spur the winners to conduct cutting-edge research of international standard in the coming years. IIMK as an institute will continue to nurture the research culture of India in our endeavour to achieve Vision 2047: Globalizing Indian Thought.”
Reactions: Winners – IIMK Scholars for Future Award 2021
1. “I am thrilled to know that mine is one of the top 3 research ideas selected by the prestigious IIM Kozhikode. The procedure was intensive, and I received important feedback that helped me improve my research thought process. I believe that this opportunity will support me, like many others before me, in being a part of the research community which makes significant strides impacting the larger populace.”
– Ravikant Vazrapu, Pursuing PhD (OB – HR), IIM Bangalore
Title of Paper – Impact of Heterogeneous Preferences of Time Utilization on the Choice of Convenience Goods
2. “I am elated to be chosen for the scholarship this year. In the early stage of my research career, an opportunity and recognition such as this is motivating and will most definitely help shape my research in a fulfilling manner. Thank you IIM Kozhikode!”
– Bhadra KV, Pursuing PhD (OB – HR), IIT Madras
Title of Paper – Carbon footprints of individuals at workplace – Is there an Intent-Behaviour-Impact gap?
3. “I am greatly pleased to be selected for such an honor which has boosted my self-belief in research. While the prize extremely acknowledges my work, it also gives me duties to improve upon. Last, but not least, I would like to extend my gratitude to my guide for encouraging me to apply for the program.”
– Geethika Raj, Pursuing PhD (OB – HR), IIM Kozhikode
Title of Paper – Do Women Leaders Promote Sustainability? How can technology help?