India Post to release a ‘Special Cancellation’ to commemorate 7th International Day of Yoga
Delhi Postal Circle to release a special cover to mark the Yoga Day
New Delhi: India Post is coming out with a ‘Special Cancellation’ to capture the essence of World Yoga Day on 21 June, 2021. This unique initiative will mark the commemoration of the 7th International Day of Yoga (IDY) 2021.
Yoga and IDY have been popular subjects for philatelic commemorations over the years. In 2015, the Department of Posts brought out a set of two Commemorative Postage stamps and a miniature sheet on the International Day of Yoga. In 2016, Prime Minister Narendra Modi released a set of Commemorative Postage Stamps on Surya Namaskara to mark the commemoration of the 2nd International Day of Yoga. In 2017, the UN Postal Administration (UNPA) issued a set of stamps showing 10 yoga asanas to commemorate the International Day of Yoga in New York.
On the occasion of the 7th International Day of Yoga (IYD) 2021, Delhi Postal Circle is conducting the following activities: –
- All Post Offices located in Delhi are affixing the message “Be with Yoga, Be at Home” on mail being booked and delivered from 17.06.2021.
- A video is being played in 60 Post major Offices of Delhi for promotion of Yoga among the visitors of Post Offices.
- A virtual lecture cum demonstration session on yoga with special emphasis on post COVID recovery was done on 17.06.2021, which has been attended by the officers/officials of Delhi Postal Circle
- Yoga sessions will be organized on IDY 21.06.2021 at various administrative/operative offices of Delhi Postal Circle observing COVID-19 protocols.
- A special cover on 7th International Day of Yoga on 21.06.2021 will be released by Chief Postmaster General Delhi Circle from New Delhi GPO (Goldakhana).