Bhubaneswar: Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences (Deemed to be University) through its magnanimous distribution of merit-based / minority Scholarships to the tune of Rs.3 Crores has inspired the fresher’s of batch 2018 -19 with tons of motivation and energy to pursue their course of study with inextinguishable zeal and commitment. The scholarship scheme is a testimony to the constant endeavours undertaken by the institution to elevate the student community. The scholarships and certificates under the below eleven categories were distributed to 600 students by the Vice Chancellor Dr.P.Mannar Jawahar in the presence of Registrar Dr.R.Elijah Blessing and Deans Dr.Prince Arulraj, Dr.Joseph Kennady and Dr.Jacob Annamalai.
1. 69 Students received Merit Scholarship of Rs.1,20,000 per year for securing 95% in PCM/PCB
2. 82 Students received Merit Scholarships of Rs. 60,000 per year for securing 90 % in PCM/PCB
3. 122 Students received Merit Scholarships of Rs.40,000 per year for securing 80% in PCM/PCB
4. 40 Postgraduate Students received Merit Scholarships of Rs.10,000 per year for securing 70% in Undergraduate Program
5. 58 Students received Minority Scholarships of Rs.40,000 per year
6. 2 Students received Special Scholarships of Rs.40,000 per year under the category wards of alumni & staff
7. 10 Students received Special Scholarships of Rs.40,000 per year under the category – Siblings of current students & KITS alumnus
8. 7 Students received Special Scholarships of Rs.40,000 per year
9. 154 Girl Students received Special Scholarships of Rs.40,000 per year
10. 26KITS Alumni received a onetime Scholarships of Rs.30,000 for securing PG admissions in KITS
11. 30 research students received a scholarship of Rs.25,000 for securing 70 % in Undergraduate Program and Postgraduate Programs.
In VC’s address, he advised the beneficiaries to make the best use of the opportunities and assistance offered by KITS.