The project manager for UNICSOC – UNIVERSITIES, CIVIL SOCIETY, PUBLIC WELLBEING AND CRISIS is Dr. R. Frankenberger (Institute of Political Science, University of Tübingen).
The project coordinator on the part of IIPSN PetrSU is EI Chernenkova, Associate Professor of the Department of Foreign History, Political Science and International Relations.
- to update their knowledge of the methodology and methods of conducting empirical research;
- to deepen your knowledge of the problems of local government, social policy, civil society in joint classes with students of the University of Tubingen;
- conduct their own studies of the impact of the pandemic on everyday life, the state of the social sphere, on the peculiarities of the implementation of social policy in the twin cities of Petrozavodsk and Tubingen;
- develop skills for intercultural and international cooperation.
In February 2021, a project team was formed, consisting of 11 students of the Institute of History, Political and Social Sciences, studying in the areas of training “Political Science”, “International Relations”, “Social Work”, “History of the Nordic Countries”.
PetrSU will provide advisory support and teaching:
- E.I. Chernenkova – Associate Professor of the Department of Foreign History, Political Science and International Relations;
- E.Yu. Tsumarova – Associate Professor of the Department of Foreign History, Political Science and International Relations (jointly), Associate Professor of the Department of Comparative Political Studies, FMOPI SZIU RANEPA;
- Yu.A. Petrovskaya – Associate Professor of the Department of Sociology and Social Work;
- I.S. Petukhova – Senior Lecturer at the Department of Sociology and Social Work;
- DI. Sachuk is a senior lecturer at the Department of Sociology and Social Work.
Representatives of the expert community D.S. Kislov and N.V. Lavrushina will also provide consulting support to students in their research.
At the first stage of the project implementation, it is planned to organize a cycle of classes on methodology and research methods, which will be conducted by teachers of PetrSU.
On March 2, the first lesson on the topic “Research design. Object-subject field of research” was conducted by E.Yu. Tsumarova and DS Kislov.
In the next classes, scheduled for March – the first half of April, the project participants will consider the features of the organization of empirical research, methods of document analysis, interviewing.
In April – June, the project participants will have joint classes with students of the University of Tübingen. The teaching of these classes will be provided by both German and Russian teachers.
At the same time, in the period from April to September, students are expected to work independently on cases with scientific advice from the teachers – participants of the project .
The final event of the project will be an international school with the participation of students from PetrSU and the University of Tübingen, within the framework of which the joint work of bilateral project teams and a public presentation of the project results are planned. The form of organization of the school will depend on the epidemiological situation.