Bengaluru: The IoT India Confex 2017, India’s most unique and comprehensive IoT conference, was held on 24th and 25th August at Le Meridien Hotel in Vasanth Nagar, Bengaluru. Organized by Aayera, supported by Department of Telecommunications & Ministry of Communications & Information Technology, the two-day IoT conference brought together thought leaders, IoT solution providers, IoT solution seekers, start-ups, State IT Secretaries, Government officials and investors from across the globe
VS Shridhar, Senior Vice President for Tata Communications, Damodar Sahu, Consultant partner & Head, IoT for Wipro Limited, Santosh Kumar, CTO, L&T Technologies, Ravinder Pal Singh Director–Strategic & Mega Projects, DELL Technologies were some of the prominent speakers at the event. They were joined by industry leaders like Sandip Datta – IoT Country Head, IBM Watson for IBM India Pvt Ltd, Vikram Kumar, Managing Director, Let’sTrack, Ramesh Verma, President for VR/AR Association.
On the occasion, Vikram Kumar, Managing Director of UK based Let’sTrack, a real time tracking app said “LetsTrack is reshaping and reorienting utility of Internet and technology (IOT) to the next level. Conferences like IoT India confex provides a valuable backdrop for key stakeholders in the IoT eco system to discuss significant developments in the industry landscape. It was a great opportunity to exchange ideas on some of the most disruptive IoT solutions”
IoT India Confex focused on industries like Industrial IoT, LPWAN connectivity, Smart cities, Healthcare IoT, Wearables & VR, Connected and autonomous vehicles, Blockchain, Enterprise IoT, Manufacturing & Supply, IoT Architecture, IoT Data analytics & AI, Sports & entertainment, IoT security and agriculture.
The following were the highlights of the event:
Key Note presentations
· Connectivity IoT: Partnerships and collaboration to maximize LPWAN (Low power wide area network) success. Looking beyond the technology to understand what will make LPWAN successful
· Industrial IoT: future of internet of manufacturing, Generating the new ecosystem for Industries 4.0 – Enabling horizontal cross company value chains by new partnerships and business models
· Healthcare IoT: patient monitoring today and the role of artificial intelligence in future
· Automotive IoT: what IoT solutions should automotive OEM’s need to implement for sophisticated connected vehicles
· Smart home: the role of retailers and advertisers – accelerating smart home product sales
· Wearables, AR & VR: the future of motion sensing in IoT
· Energy & Utilities: Internet of Things in energy & utilities
· LoRa connectivity: Creating game-changing opportunity with LPWAN
· Joining forces: building an open, collaborative & secure ecosystem to deliver true IoT success
· Emerging IoT solutions for patient monitoring, prevention and mobile health
· The rise of industrial IoT – the next industrial revolution
· Smart cities: creating smarter cities – future trends and best practices
· From fantasy to reality: successfully launching connected/autonomous vehicles
· Looking ahead in wearables, AR & VR: from dream to essential
IoT India Confex provided an opportunity for attendees to evaluate, select and implement IoT solutions that improve business processes, create new revenue opportunities and drive business transformation.