KCG College of Technology holds 19th Graduation Day
Erik Solheim, Former Minister, Govt. of Norway presents the degrees to the students
Chennai: The 19th Graduation Day of KCG College of Technology was held on Wednesday, 13th October 2021, at the KCG College Premises. H.E. Erik Solheim, Former Minister, Govt. of Norway was the Chief Guest on the occasion and prior to attending the graduation ceremony, he inaugurated the School of Fashion Technology of KCG College. H.E. Hans Jacob Frydenlund, Norway’s Ambassador to India, was the Guest of Honour. A total of 60 rank holders and toppers received their degrees on the solemn occasion and 1467 students virtually got their degrees.
Also present on the occasion was Special Guests – Bala MS, Founder & CEO, Stratinfinity INC USA & Chairman, IIIT Sri City and Gina Lund, Special Adviser, Norwegian Ministry Education & Research; Dr. Elizabeth Verghese, Chairperson, Hindustan Group of Institutions; Dr. Anand Jacob Verghese, Director & CEO, Hindustan Group of Institutions; and Dr. Annie Jacob, Director, KCG College of Technology.
Commencing the ceremony, Principal Dr. P Deiva Sundari highlighted the vision, mission and academic achievements of the college. Principal In her report she said, “KCG College of Technology has been in the forefront of academic excellence. Living up to the noble vision of its founder Dr. K.C.G. Verghese, the college strongly believes in the concept of holistic education and strives to achieve its mission of preparing students to meet the challenges posed by the twenty-first century.”
Delivering the presidential address, Dr. Anand Verghese welcomed the dignitaries on the dais and spoke briefly on the highlights of the progress made by the Hindustan Group over the years. congratulated the graduating students and exhorted the graduands to have a thirst for acquiring new skills to improve their career prospects. He also made an appeal to the graduands to keep learning and update themselves constantly in order to be relevant in the fast changing world.
After releasing the KCG College Research Brochure, H.E. Erik Solheim delivered the Graduation Day Address. In his address he suggested Mahatma Gandhi as an ideal role model to follow for his contributions to India in fighting the strong British colonial rule with non-violence. He also fervently encouraged the graduands to work towards and contribute to establishing an Ecological Civilisation. His final advice to the graduands was to “Be kind, work hard and never stop being curious.”
Delivering the special address, Norway’s Ambassador to India, H.E. Hans Jacob applauded the Founder, Dr. K.C.G. Verghese’s vision. He stated that he attributed the Industrial success of Norway to the egalitarian society they practiced and encouraged the young graduands to follow the same in their family and work lives. To explain this further, he gave the example of how his wife was the bread winner of the family and how he shared the household chores and taking care of the children with her.
Delivering the Special address, Gina Lund, Special Adviser, Norwegian Ministry Education & Research talked about the benefits of blended learning and expressed her faith in the young graduands, as the future of humanity, to create a better world post the Covid pandemic.
Delivering the Felicitation address, Bala MS, Founder & CEO, Stratinfinity INC USA & Chairman, IIIT Sri City explained all the opportunities that the Indian Industry has to offer for skilled talent and enumerated all the benefits of graduating during the middle of the on-going pandemic.
Out of the 1467 graduating students who received their degrees, 18 students have got university awards from the departments of Aero, Mechanical, EEE, IT, MCA and ME (CSE). Also, gold medals and cash prizes were given to meritorious students.
KCG College of Technology, incepted in the year 1998, is known for its highly qualified and experienced faculty, excellent infrastructure and academic excellence since its inception. It is one of the top technical institutions in the country accredited by NAAC with ‘A+’ grade and NBA by Government of India. It has received many awards and recognitions for its excellence in education; and is ranked 201-250 band in India under the All-India Engineering category by National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF).
- Accredited by NAAC with A+ Grade
- Four Programmes (CSE, ECE, IT, MECH) accredited by NBA
- Ranked among the Top Engineering Institutions in India by National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF).
- Recognised as Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (SIRO) by Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR)
- Nodal Research Centre approved by Anna University
- Ranked among the Top 10 Indian Applicants for Patents from Institutes and Universities
- AICTE –CII Best Industry Linked Technical Institute – Platinum Category in 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020.
- AICTE-MHRD Smart India Hackathon Winners for 2017, 2018 & 2019
- 96% in 2020 batch and 94.6%* in 2021 batch eligible students placed in leading Industries. (*Placements still going on)
- Prize Winners of “IIT PALS Innowah” for 5 consecutive years
- Team “Marvelous Maniacs “ (students of dept. of EEE) won the Second Runner up in the AICTE Chhatra Vishwakarma Award 2020.
- The College has received funding from various bodies like AICTE, MSME, TNSCST, NIWE, DST, ICMR, CVRDE, DRDL, ARDB and from professional societies- IET, IEI, IEEE. Research Collaborations with foreign universities are being executed
- 70 MoU with Industries and International Universities – Canada, Italy, Indonesia, Israel, Malaysia, US, UK