New Delhi: The Kiran Nadar Museum of Art is reopening on Tuesday, January 5, 2021. Visitors can now reserve an appointment and preferred slots on the museum website. www.knma.in
After almost nine months of closure due to the pandemic and escalating number of cases, KNMA is reopening its doors to welcome the public in smaller numbers to enjoy exhibitions and favourite artworks in a stress-free setting. With three visiting slots available everyday, between 11 am to 5 pm, for 8 to 10 visitors only, advance booking for all visitors is mandatory. KNMA is planning the reopening in phases, this is the first phase from 5 January to 15 February 2021, after which another assessment will be made. The museum is following safety guidelines and regulations laid out the government and civic bodies.
Kiran Nadar, Founder and Chairperson, KNMA has this message for visitors: “This is a new phase in the life of the museum. As we all readjust our lives and continue the fight with the virus, a slow reclaiming of our public spaces is part of our emotional, mental and physical recovery. We will overcome this together and look forward to welcoming you back. Art gives us hope and courage. Through this phase-wise reopening and step-by-step, improvisatory and diligent measures, we hope to ensure visitors and our staff members safety.”
On the reopening day, Roobina Karode, Director and Chief-Curator, KNMA will give a special welcoming walkthrough of current exhibitions, which will be live-broadcasted on the museum’s social media handles. She says, “We all have been starving for intimate contact with artworks. KNMA reopening is a small step and it is going to be a slow process. I encourage visitors to follow protocols and make it simpler, easy for all and get inspired.”
KNMA Protocols for Visitors:
• Museum is open every day for limited number of hours: 11 am to 5 pm.
• Advance booking for visit-slots is mandatory. Visitors can choose from three slots per day, each of 60 to 90 minutes duration: 11 am to 12.30 pm, 1.30 to 3.00 pm, and 3.30 pm to 5.00 pm.
• Registering visitors must provide all required details and information for successful booking. Groups of max. 4 people can book one slot. Filling names and contact details of all visitors is mandatory.
• Wearing masks, use of face covers at all times is mandatory for all visitors.
• Adequate physical distancing of at least 6 feet to be followed at all times.
• Temperature screening of each visitor will happen upon entry
• Hand-sanitizing stations are at the entrance and exit points of the museum.
• Dustbins for disposing masks, gloves etc. are at the entrance and exit points.
• Installation & use of AarogyaSetu App shall be advised to all visitors and
• staff having compatible mobile phones.
• Contact museum reception in case of any discomfort or any problem.
• Wheelchair usage is restricted. Visitors must notify for arrangements to be made and sanitization process to happen in advance.
• Locker facility is unavailable during this period. Visitors are expected not to bring bags or carry pocket-friendly items only. We encourage them to sanitize their belongings upon entry.
• Visitors who are sick or do not feel well are asked to stay home.
• Visitors may use mall toilets at their own discretion. We discourage the use by senior citizens, vulnerable groups, pregnant women, infants and toddlers.
• Visitors should follow one-way paths or directions while viewing the exhibits and to maintain 6-feet social distancing