Konkan Region Tourism department of Maharashtra Tourism organises a webinar series on Konkan Tourism
Mumbai: Maharashtra Tourism has been pursuing multi-faceted tourism initiatives to boost tourism in the State. It has also been taking several proactive steps towards the development of sustainable coastal tourism in Konkan. In continuation of its efforts to promote tourism in the Konkan region, it will organise a special webinar series from 23rd April 2021 to 28th May’2021, every Friday at 4:30 pm.
In these webinars, various experts will throw light on various tourism offerings and key features of the Konkan region.
· April 23 – Raghuji Raje Angre is a descendant of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj’s Chief of Army Staff Kanhoji Angre, will conduct a session on the topic of Sea Forts.
· April 30 – Bhau Katdare, the founder of Sahyadri Nisarg Mitra and the father of turtle conservation in Velas, will host a session on Turtle Tourism.
· May 7 -Suhas Thakurdesai, the founder of Harsha Holidays, who has more than 20 years of experience in Ratnagiri tourism development, will conduct a session on innovative approaches taken to promote tourism in Ratnagiri.
· May 14 – Sudhir Risbud, a nature enthusiast and one of the discoverers of Petroglyphs in Ratnagiri, will take a session on Petroglyphs
· May 21 – Sanjay Naik, the founder of the Heritage Foundation, a cultural heritage conservation organization, will conduct a session on Revdanda Portuguese Fort Tourism.
· May 28- Prabhakar Save, owner of Save Farm and a prominent voice advocating for agri-tourism, will be speaking on Palghar Tourism.
The Konkan region has been one of the priority areas for Maharashtra Tourism. Some of the recent initiatives undertaken to promote tourism in the Konkan region including Beach Shacks & Facilities, Swadesh Darshan Scheme and RTDS Projects.
One can attend these webinars on their official Facebook page by clicking on the below link:
https://www.facebook.com/Kokan-Tourism-Regional-Office-DoT-101415915428033. Participants can ask their doubts and queries to the experts.
It is requested by Mr. Hanumant Hede, Deputy Director (Tourism) Konkan Region, Navi Mumbai that people working in the tourism industry as well as the tourists must attend the webinar series to gain insightful information on various tourism related developments that are being undertaken in the region.