Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar gives lessons in Resilience on Unacademy
Bengaluru: Unacademy, India’s largest learning platform, today hosted the third edition of its flagship program ‘Legends on Unacademy’ (LoU) with a live class by cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar. The session was a huge success with over 70,000+ learners in attendance, which set a new record for the highest viewership recorded in any of the LoU sessions till date.
The session featured candid conversations between the veteran cricketer and seasoned sports presenter, Gaurav Kapur and delved into the lesser-known aspects of Tendulkar’s life and career, highlighting his humble beginnings and his eventual journey to greatness, on account of his never-give-up attitude.
The cricket legend spoke about his early rise to fame and the resulting pressure that he was subjected to on account of his success. He admitted that he battled anxiety for the greater part of his 24-year long career and reiterated that mental well-being is as important as physical fitness. His message to the youth reiterated that it is important to recognize when you are feeling low and find ways to reinvent yourself during these times. The veteran cricketer also spoke about his battle with COVID-19 and offered tips on how to stay mentally fit and positive during these times.
Key learnings shared by Sachin during his session were:
● It’s important to follow your passion to keep the child in you alive. It drives you to express yourself.
● The more you practice, the better you perform. Flexibility and presence of mind, on the other hand, are equally crucial.
● Suggestions can stem from a variety of sources and one should keep their learning horizons wide open.
● Acceptance and adaptability are necessary for achieving one’s goals.
● Friends and family are vital in everyone’s life since they are there for you through the good times and bad. It is important to appreciate their presence while pursuing your dreams.
● Making yourself comfortable with uncomfortable situations is imperative and one must devise a strategy for moving forward.
● Taking one step at a time is crucial.
● While experiencing anxiety, consider a variety of approaches to alleviate it. Mentally, one should be ready for any path of challenges and never give up.
● It is important to be determined and make the best use of the circumstances.
● The key mantra is to have a vision, stick to your strategy and believe in yourself.
Earlier this year, Unacademy announced a strategic partnership with cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar. As part of the deal, Sachin will mentor Unacademy learners through a series of live interactive classes, which will be available free of cost. Unacademy is also working on a deeper content-led integration with Sachin in the sports learning category. The details of this integration will be unveiled in the next few months.
‘Legends on Unacademy’ was launched in March 2020, with the idea of bringing legends from different walks of life to teach life lessons through Live Classes. Last year, Live Classes were conducted by legendary cricketers such as Brian Lara, Brett Lee and Jonty Rhodes, through the association with the Unacademy Road Safety World Series. In April, renowned personalities like Shashi Tharoor, Kiran Bedi, Virat Kohli, and Anushka Sharma took Live Classes to inspire learners on the platform. The most recent sessions featured Sunil Gavaskar, Sourav Ganguly, Zev Siegl, Mary Kom, Abhijit Banerjee, Jimmy Wales and Randi Zuckerberg.