Odisha is the first state to extend lo known period till April 30 in India
Bhubaneswar: Odisha extends lockdown till April 30th, the first state to do so. Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik has requested the Centre not to start train and air services till April 30th; Educational institutions in the state to remain closed till June 17th.
Highlights of the Cabinet Meeting held on 9.4.2020 at 10:45 am
through Video Conference.
• Odisha is the first state in the country to extend lock down till April 30th. • Odisha Cabinet decides for extension and also recommends to Union Government to do the same.
• Naveen Patnaik also requests Centre not to start train and air services till April 30th.
• A record of one lakh rapid testing is being planned as a preventive measure in potential hotspots.
• Educational institutions will remain closed till June 17.
• Food security of people is of utmost importance. Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, MGNREGS related activities to be facilitated following social distancing norms.
• As earlier, free movement of Goods transport will be allowed.
CM Naveen Patnaik also stated that “Corona virus is the biggest threat that the human race has faced in more than a century. Life will not be the same ever. All of us must understand this and face it boldly together. With our sacrifice and with the blessings of Lord Jagannath this too shall pass”