New Delhi: Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic, world’s leading computer-based test of English proficiency for immigration and study abroad, announced its acceptance by Engineers Australia from November 1 for migration skills assessment purposes. PTE Academic is approved by all Australian visa application categories, and will be able to assist employers in Australia with recruiting engineers from India to their workforce.
Delighted by PTE Academic’s growing popularity in India, Vikas Singh, Managing Director, Pearson India, said, “We are pleased to announce that PTE Academic will now offer Indian Engineers a pathway to Australia, as it does for the vast majority of other Indian professionals. We have seen an upsurge amongst English test takers for PTE Academic as it is a completely online testing system, hence extremely convenient and delivers results faster.”
“Australia is also one of the key destinations being chosen for skilled migration by Engineers, IT professionals, Nurses and Accountants. The Engineers Australia’s inclusion of PTE Academic as an accepted language test for engineers is a significant recognition point to achieve.” Vikas added.
PTE Academic ensures score reliability and fastest score reporting in the industry with test takers receiving their results typically within five business days. PTE Academic is delivered through a global network of over 200 test centres, including 16 spread across India. It is accepted by all Australian universities and most professional associations. The advantages users have, are:
· Results are typically available within five business days
· The test is undertaken in one session
· Test bookings can be made online as per the test takers convenience
· Testing globally over 360 days of the year
· 100% computer-based marking ensures all test takers are scored impartially and accurately. To ensure test score validity all test centers use state-of-the-art digital biometrics incorporating palm-scanning, digital signatures, secure paperless results, randomized test formats and CCTV
· Based on the real-life English skills test takers need to communicate effectively in their destination, using academically relevant tasks and measuring skills in an integrated way
PTE Academic is accepted by most professional bodies that provide registration and assessment including, CPA Australia, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, Institute of Public Accountants, Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), Australian Computer Society (ACS).
PTE is also accepted by all universities in Australia, New Zealand and Ireland, and by a growing number across the USA, Canada, UK, Singapore and Europe.