Make a difference with a much sought after skill for a promising career with a Post Graduate Diploma in Disaster Management
Eligibility and selection criteria
* Graduate in any stream with at least 50% marks
PG Diploma in Disaster Management curriculum
Duration: 1 Year
* Enable and train students in the methods of analysing the disaster situation in advance and take remedial steps to mitigate the likely impact of such catastrophe.
* Concept of disaster management and measures to be taken at different stages of disaster management
* Role of ICT in Disaster Management (Early Warning System, Forest Resource Information System, Digital Image Processing, Emergency Communication System)
* GIS and its applications in the field of Disaster Management, Water and Sanitation, Vector Control as well as Environmental Health management in Pre and Post Disaster Scenario
* Risk assessment and Vulnerability analysis and vulnerability reduction strategies
* Community Based Disaster Management and preparedness measures for disasters plan policies
* Disaster Reporting, vulnerability analysis, Fire management, Search and Rescue, Relief Management focused on job prospective etc.
Key Features of the program
* An innovative, skill and employment oriented diploma course in Disaster Management.
* Field work and research based learning
* Equips students with necessary knowledge and skills to effectively deal with various kind of disasters
* International Exchange programme with various reputed international university in UK, USA, Japan, China, Thailand and many more.
* Dedicated placement support and Opportunity to work with number of National and International NGOs and corporate bodies
Ashutosh Mohanty, PhD.
Director, Disaster Management and Climate Change Shoolini University, Himachal Pradesh, Solan-173212
Email: [email protected];
Mob: +91-7579288094/8249478227 https://shooliniuniversity.com/