RUFA & UNESCO Arts competition: Call for submissions – artworks promoting Cambodian intangible cultural heritage
The Royal University of Fine Arts (RUFA) and UNESCO are launching an arts competition to promote Cambodian Intangible Cultural Heritage calling all students (from the primary, secondary and tertiary/ university levels) to celebrate the unique intangible cultural heritage of Cambodia.
The contest will invite participants to promote their creativity to produce unique artworks – photographs, paintings and posters – and stand a chance to win exciting prizes.
After the evaluation, RUFA and UNESCO will share the works submitted on social media, so if you wish to have your work published and to be among the three winners, apply now!
HOW TO APPLY?
Eligibility criteria: all students (from the primary, secondary and tertiary/ university levels) in Cambodia.
Submissions may include: artworks on the following five intangible cultural elements inscribed on the UNESCO Lists: Royal Ballet, Sbek Thom, Tugging rituals and games, Chapei Dang Veng and Lkhon Khol). More information on Cambodia and the UNESCO 2003 Convention can be found at: https://ich.unesco.org/en/state/cambodia-KH.
The following formats will be accepted:
- Paintings: color or black and white, using pencil, watercolor, oil painting or pastel (in A2 format for hard copy and/or in high resolution with at least 5 MB for soft copy)
- Photos: color or black and white ( in A3 format for hard copy and/or in high resolution with at least 3 MB for soft copy)
- Graphic Arts or Poster designs ( in A3 format for hard copy and/or in high resolution with at least 3 MB for soft copy)
How to register: candidates are invited to register (submitting their full name, gender, date and place of birth, the current address, contacts (telephone, email) and the name of their respective school/university) in the Telegram (089 556 698) of the Faculty of Fine Arts of the Royal University of Fine Arts by contacting Mr. Rithy CHOUK, at the following number: 089 556 698.
Prizes: The three winners will receive prizes, and an official certificate of appreciation, signed and stamped by the Rector of the Royal University of Fine Arts and UNESCO Representative to Cambodia.
In addition, the three finalists will receive:
- First Prize: 1,000,000 riels
- Second Prize: 500,000 riels
- Third Prize: 400,000 riels
… And many other prizes!
Submission Rules: Make sure your entry follows the submission guidelines prior to submitting:
- All artworks can be submitted in hard and/or in soft copy to Mr. Rithy CHHOUK, Officer in charge of the Arts competition, Faculty of Fine Arts, Royal University of Fine Arts, # 72, Preah Ang Yukanthor Street (19), Phnom Penh, Cambodia (Telephone and telegram 089 556 698, email: Rithyyadarufa@yahoo.com(link sends e-mail) ) by March 7th, 2022.
- The work has to be relevant to the theme.
- Your work must be entirely original.
- There should be only 1 entry per person in only 1 of the categories above (a painting, a photograph or a poster)
The applications will open on December 17, 2021 and close on March 7th , 2022. The 3 winners will be announced during an award ceremony to be held at the Royal University of Fine Arts in Phnom Penh, on March 15th and the pictures of the event will be posted on the website of RUFA and UNESCO Phnom Penh Office.