Seven Belmont Art Students Win ADDY Awards
Seven Belmont students were recognized with a Student ADDY Award through one of the top local competitions for student advertising design in the nation. Hosted by the American Advertising Federation Nashville (AAFN), the Nashville Student Advertising Awards showcased the winning work and presented awards on February 25.
Seven Belmont students won 7 gold and 3 silver awards, including Abraham Mast, Dom Granda, Luke Rogers, Maddie Storey, Margaret Shaul, Mary Puls and Summer Bockart.
“ADDY awards are nationally recognized in the design industry, and it is an extremely competitive competition. Winning one lets future employers know you have exceptional talent,” explained Art Professor Doug Regen. “I could not be more proud of the talented hard working students that were recognized this year.”
Mast won the Judges Choice Award for his Animation “My Type of Day,” picked by Group Creative Director Tim Degler at BOHAN Agency. Mast also won a $500 “Rising Star Scholarship” for the best non-senior winner, sponsored by the AAF Nashville Foundation.
The awards are as follows:
- Abraham Mast – “My Type of Day”: GOLD ADDY – Animation/Special Effects, Judges Favorite
- Abraham Mast – “100 Electrical Experiments”: GOLD ADDY – Packaging
- Abraham Mast – “My Very Messy Desktop”: GOLD ADDY – Book Design
- Margaret Shaul – “Classic Novel Series”: GOLD ADDY – Cover Series
- Dom Granda – “Dom Granda Logo”: GOLD ADDY – Logo Design
- Summer Bockart – “Frist Gala”: GOLD ADDY – Special Events Materials
- Maddie Story – “Frist Gala”: GOLD ADDY – Special Events Materials
- Mary Puls – “Frist Gala”: SILVER ADDY – Special Events Materials
- Luke Rogers – “Frist Gala”: SILVER ADDY – Special Events Materials
- Abraham Mast – “100 Electrical Experiments”: SILVER ADDY – Animation/Special Effects
Other winners were from MTSU, Nashville State Community College, Nossi College of Art and Watkins College of Art.