Noida: Shiv Nadar University (India’s leading multidisciplinary and research-based University also chosen as an ‘Institution of Eminence’ by Government of India) today announced modifications to its admission process for the undergraduate programs, in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. The University is among the first few educational institutions in the country to conduct remotely proctored admission test (SNU-SAT & APT) using an AI mechanism that is secure and ensures anti-cheating surveillance. The University is also accepting existing SAT scores for admission purpose. Students with a score of 80 percentiles and above in their JEE Mains (January) 2020, will be exempt from taking SNU-SAT & APT and can apply directly for admission in programs under Engineering or Natural Sciences. All changes made to the admission policy, are available at http://snuadmissions.com/admission_info_2020.php#alerts.
In the absence of Class XII Board marks, provisional admissions will be awarded to eligible candidates based on their existing school grades, and performance in the entrance process. Interested applicants can submit their filled-in common application form, available at www.snu.edu.in, latest by 31st May 2020. Post evaluation, an online interview will be conducted for select programs to finalize their candidature.
Dr Rupamanjari Ghosh, Vice-Chancellor, Shiv Nadar University said, “Shiv Nadar University is committed to ensuring that students continue their education without interruption during these difficult times. As a forward-thinking institution, we have taken adequate measures to update our admissions process for our undergraduate programs, ensuring that our prospective students are able to navigate their admission journey with ease during these trying times.”
Shiv Nadar University also announced two new programmes this year:
BSc (Research) in Economics and Finance – will help students better understand the principles of economics and its applications to financial systems, global markets and enterprise. It will provide quantitative skills and institutional knowledge required to both understand and solve problems as both finance professionals and economists.
Integrated BSc-MSc–PhD program in Chemistry – These integrated programs will provide students with a strong foundation in the field of Chemistry while accelerating their journey.
Being a part of Shiv Nadar Foundation, a philanthropic initiative by Mr Shiv Nadar, the founder of HCL, the University works towards providing equal opportunities to meritorious students, irrespective of their economic background. The University will continue to offer generous scholarships to deserving students. These include:
– Gifted Student Scholarship: applicable for top-100 rank holders in Class XII from each Board, JEE(Advanced) top 500 rank holders, INSPIRE Fellows with Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE), IB graduates with grade points 42 and above, and DST Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) Fellowship holders. Selected students are entitled to a 100% waiver in Admissions fee, Tuition fee, Hostel, Mess and Laundry charges during the entire program subject to their maintaining a minimum CGPA of 6.50.
– Rural Student Scholarship: Applicable for students of exceptional caliber from rural and underprivileged background. The scheme offers 100% waiver in Admissions fee, Tuition fee, Hostel, Mess and Laundry charges.
– Merit Cum Means Scholarship: eligible for students scoring above 92% and above in Class XII and belonging to families with annual income below 8 Lacs. The scheme offers up to 100% waiver in Admissions fee, Tuition fee, Hostel, Mess and Laundry charges.
– Sports Scholarship: eligible for top-100 rank holders in Badminton, Chess, Squash, Tennis and Table Tennis, as per their respective National sports federations. Students will be evaluated based on their previous performances and participation at International & National tournaments in respective sports/games along with SNU-SAT & APT. The students will also be required to give a physical fitness and sports test which will be conducted by Department of Physical Education and Sports
– SAT India Scholarship: Shiv Nadar University has tied-up with College Board to identify top students basis their SAT score as per applicable criteria. Top-performing students with financial need will be eligible to receive a full scholarship co-funded by College Board and Shiv Nadar University.
Shiv Nadar University has partnerships with many leading universities in the world. This partnership enables students to pursue a semester or a full academic year as an exchange student or as part of the study abroad program enabling a holistic and global learning experience. Once the pandemic subsides and situation around the world improves, students will get an opportunity to go to some of the leading universities including University of California, Berkeley; University of Warwick; Sapienza University of Rome, Heidelberg University, Germany; University of Queensland, Australia; Deakin University, Australia; among others.
A total of 641 students will be graduating from the University in June 2020 and 85.6% (to date) of these have already been placed across leading organizations including Goldman Sachs, American Express, Deloitte, L&T Construction, Dell Technologies, Adobe, IBM, TCS, PayPal, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, HDFC among others. During campus placement this year, the highest salary offered was Rs.31.50 lakhs per annum. The remaining students have opted to pursue higher education at renowned international universities, including, New York University, Arizona State University, University of Minnesota, Stockholm School of Economics, among others.