Siemens Scholarship Program 2021-2022 opens for applications
· As of 2021, 935 students from 93 government engineering colleges across 26 states in India have been part of Siemens Scholarship Program
· Scholarships are aimed at deserving candidates who can pursue their education and launch a sustainable career in engineering, R&D or manufacturing
Siemens Limited has launched the 9th edition of Siemens Scholarship Program. Based on the German model of Dual Education, the program hones youth to become industry-ready engineers, and launch a sustainable career in engineering, R&D or manufacturing.
Under this program, Siemens provides financial assistance to deserving meritorious students. Additionally, internships, mechatronics, soft skills trainings, projects and mentorships provided by Siemens will also acquaint these bright minds with the dynamics of the industry, thereby leading to their holistic development. The scholarship program is available for students throughout the four years of graduation and 50% of scholarships is reserved for girls. As of 2021, 935 students from 93 government engineering colleges across 26 states in India have been part of the Siemens Scholarship Program.
Sunil Mathur, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Siemens Limited, said, “Siemens Scholarship Program has made significant strides since its launch nine years ago, and will now have 1,000 Scholars. With the expected growth in the economy and increasing industrial and infrastructure development, the need for industry-ready engineers would be felt even more than before. The program based on the German model of Dual Education is a unique answer to India’s challenge of preparing industry-ready engineers.”
The scholarship program follows a stringent selection process.
· First-year students of Government Engineering colleges from the following streams can apply:
o Mechanical / Production
o Electronics & Telecommunication
o Computer Science /Information Technology
· Age: Up to 20 years
· SSC: Minimum 60% aggregate
· HSC or equivalent result: Minimum 50% aggregate and minimum 60% PCM aggregate
· Annual family Income: Not more than Rs. 2 lakhs
· Last date for receiving applications: January 10, 2022
· Link for application: www.siemens.co.in/scholarship