Sophia Merit Scholarships 2010 – 2011
Sophia Scholarship is ready to receive applications for the academic year 2010 – 2011 from academically outstanding and financially deserving students. The prospective students should download the application form and other information from this web site.
The completed application form along with the requested details and attachments should reach the contact address by September 30 2010. After the selection process is completed the candidates will be informed of the decision by November / December of 2010.
The awards for the selected Sophia Scholar will be distributed towards the end February 2011 at an award ceremony in Chennai. Awards will be sent by mail to Sophia Scholars who are unable to attend the Award Ceremony.
Merit Scholarships will be awarded to students for pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Medicine after completion of higher secondary education. Students entering first year college only eligible to apply.
The Sophia Merit Scholarships will substantially cover tuition, boarding and lodging costs for the entire length of the Degree Program to be eligible for Sophia Scholarship for subsequent years the students have to pass the year and also maintain the Merit Status
For additional information or questions please email : email@example.com
Sophia Merit Scholarship Eligibility :
Prospective Candidates should fulfill the following eligibility to be considered for Sophia Scholarship :
1. Should have completed Higher Secondary Education
2. Should be interested in pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Medicine in a recognized college or university in India
3. Should have secured admission for the academic year 2010 – 2011
4. Only students who secure admission by merit will be considered. Students who secure admission by paying capitation fee will not be considered for Scholarship
5. Only students entering college in first year are eligible to apply.
6. Students should demonstrate financial need.
Prospective scholars will be selected from applicants who meet all the above requirements. Selection will be based purely on Merit and demonstrated financial need.
Timeline for Application (2010 – 2011 Awards) :
1. Completed application form along with required attachments should be received at address given below by September 30th, 2010 :
T. Sivasubramanian Sophia Advisory Committee Member “DuraSoft”,
11 / 6, First Floor, Fourth Street,
Adyar, Chennai – 600 020.
2. Candidates selected for the Sophia Scholarship will be informed of the decision by end of November / December 2010.
3. Sophia Merit Scholarship Award will be made by end of February 2011 in Chennai
Completed Application form
Proof of admission in the Engineering / Medical College for the year 2010 – 2011
Attested copy of the higher secondary mark sheet (+2). Attestation can be done by any Gazette officer of the State / Central Government or Headmaster of the school studied or by the Principal / Dean or Head of the Department of the present college.
Proof of income of the parents from employer or appropriate authorities as the case may be.
Application with insufficient information will be summarily rejected without any further correspondence.