Standard Chartered launches special sign language service proposition for hearing impaired priority segment clients
New Delhi: Standard Chartered Bank today launched a special sign language service proposition for hearing impaired priority segment clients in the country, a pioneering initiative in the banking sector in India.
Currently, the Bank has trained 13 frontline employees who will be placed in designated branches across five cities, namely, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Bengaluru and Chennai for offering this service in Indian sign language. However, if a hearing impaired priority segment client were to walk into any other branch without a similarly trained employee, the branch team would be able to arrange an engagement with a trained employee through a video call.
The Bank is also working on making product offering videos in sign language for savings account, term deposits, credit card, wealth offerings and loans, to enable hearing impaired clients get a better understanding of these products. Also, on the anvil is a central video helpline to cater to servicing of all such clients in the Indian sign language.
Additionally, to highlight Standard Chartered’s commitment towards disability inclusion and create awareness, the Bank plans to light up in purple, six office premises* in Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai and Gurgaon on 2 November 2021.
These initiatives are part of the Bank’s partnership with Purple Tuesday, a flagship programme focused on enabling businesses to develop products and services for clients with disabilities.
Nakul Jain, Managing Director, Affluent Clients and Deposits, Standard Chartered Bank, India said, “The launch of our special proposition for hearing impaired priority clients is a first step in our journey towards building an inclusive organisation. While there is still a long way to go, this initiative is an affirmation of our commitment to increasing accessibility and dissolving barriers for our differently abled clients.”
*Façade of below office premises will be lit up in Purple on 2 November 2021:
- Standard Chartered Bank, 90 MG Road, Fort, Mumbai
- Standard Chartered Global Business Services, No. 1 Haddows Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai
- Standard Chartered Global Business Services, Digital Zone, Old Mahabalipuram Road, Karapakkam, Chennai
- Standard Chartered Global Business Services, No 1/364, Old Mahabalipuram Road, Kelambakkam, Chennai
- Standard Chartered Global Business Services, Brigade Tech park Tower A & B, Whitefield, Bangalore – 560066
- Standard Chartered Bank, DLF Building, 7A, Cyber City, Gurgaon, Haryana.