The full form of PVC is Polyvinyl Chloride. The PVC pipe making business can be started on small and medium scale. The PVC pipes are used in electrical, irrigation and in construction industries. Materials like wood, paper and metal are replaced by PVC in many applications. PVC pipes are widely used as electrical conduits in domestic and industrial.
It is also widely used for water supply and its characteristics are suitable for water supply. The PVC pipes are lightweight, low cost, easily installed, non-corrosiveness, high tensile strength to bear the high fluid pressure. PVC pipes have resistant for most of chemicals and have maximum electrical and heat insulation.
How to register for PVC Pipe manufacturing Business?
First register with the ROC. Then obtain trade licence from Municipality. After that apply for Factory Licence according to your current state rules. Apply for Udyog Aadhar MSME online registration. Then apply for VAT registration. After that apply for ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the current state’s Pollution Control Board. For quality control obtain the BIS certification. Then open a current bank account in a nationalized bank and secure your brand with Trademark Registration and apply for ISO certification.
PVC Pipe Making Machine and other Required Equipment
- High-speed mixer, nonshell type capacity of 50 kg. per batch/hr with full controls and cooling setup.
- 65mm/ 18 V PVC rigid pipe extrusion plant consisting of twin-screw extruder, vacuum sizing unit, cooling tank, haul-off unit and cutting machine.
- Dies sizes like 20, 25, 45, 63, 75, 90, 110 mm and mandrel size 2.5 kg/cm2, 4 kg/cm2, 6 kg/cm2, 10 kg/cm2.
- Require the scraper, grinder, heavy-duty fitted with Electric Motor.
- Overhead water tank and recycling pump units.
- Weighing balance, heavy type industrial model with moderate accuracy.
- Pipe storage, racks, maintenance of small hand tools, greasing, oiling equipment etc.
- Chemical testing laboratory equipment like chemical balance, oven and other testing equipment. Apparatus for testing bulk density, specific gravity lead and tin estimation (in ppm).
In the PVC Pipe manufacturing, the raw materials are PVC resin, DOP, Stabilizers, Processing acids, Lubricants, Colours, Fillers. Electricity and water is also required.
PVC Pipe Manufacturing Process
Like other thermoplastics the PVC uncompounded resin is not suitable for direct process. The mix additives are added for process and stability in the PVC resin. The additives like DOP, DIOP, DBP, DOA AND DEP are used in manufacturing process.
Plasticizers – The common plasticizer are DOP, DIOP, DBP, DOA, DEP, Reoplast, Paralex, etc.
Stabilizers – Common Stabilizers are led, barium, cadmium, tin, stearate, etc
Lubricants – The lubricants used are Buty-Stearate, Glycerol Moni-Stearate, Epoxidised Monoester of oleic acid, stearic acid etc
Fillers – Fillers are used for producing a special quality product like calcined clay.
The PVC resin is compounded with plasticizers, stabilizers, lubricants and fillers for process and stability of the product. The ingredients and PVC resin are mixed in a high-speed mixer.
Compound resin is fed to double screw extruder and there are inserts and die are fitted for required diameter. Then the PVC compounds are passed through a heated chamber and melted under compression of screw and heat of the barrel. The marking is done at time of extrusion.
The pipes are cooled in sizing operation. There are mainly two types of sizing is used Pressure Sizing and Vacuum Sizing.
Next process after sizing is traction. Tube traction unit is required for continuous haulage of pipes being extruded by the extruder.
Cutting is last process. There are mainly two types of cutting techniques are Manual and Automatic. The pipes are tested for ISI marks and ready for dispatch.