Steps taken by National Council of Teacher Education to strengthen the teacher education system
New Delhi: Following steps were taken by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) to strengthen the teacher education system in the country during pandemic:-
- Advisory to all Teacher Education Institutions (TEIs) was issued to cope with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Open Education Resource (OER) were developed by the Expert Committee and uploaded on NCTE website for making proper use by students/teacher educators and other stake holders free of cost.
- The weblink for open Education Resource (OER) developed by other organisation working for teacher education in the country have also been hyper linked so that the beneficiary/target group can avail the teaching/learning resource by visiting the NCTE website www.ncte.gov.in.
- To sensitize Teacher Education Institutions (TEIs) about the recommendations of New Education Policy (NEP) for teacher education sector, a series of webinars have been conducted.
- The teaching/learning material on the content of teacher education has also been digitally made available on the NCTE website www.ncte.gov.in.
The information was given by the Union Minister for Education Ministry, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ in a written reply in the LokSabha today.