Subbotnik in the park named after D.V. Bubrikha

Teachers and 2nd year students of the Department of Baltic-Finnish Philology of PetrSU organized and conducted a volunteer cleanup in the park named after D.V. Bubrikh, located next to the main educational building of Petrozavodsk State University.
Dmitry Vladimirovich Bubrikh, an outstanding Finno-Ugric scholar, Corresponding Member of the USSR Academy of Sciences, Honored Scientist of the Karelo-Finnish SSR, stood at the origins of the creation of the Department of Baltic-Finnish Philology and Culture. He headed it in 1944-1947, laying the foundations for teaching and preparing the first teachers of the department. The modern generation of researchers and teachers of the Baltic-Finnish languages ​​in Karelia considers themselves followers of prof. Bubrikh and unites as part of the Bubrikh research school. The Department of Baltic-Finnish Philology of PetrSU together with the IYALI KarRC RAS ​​has been holding a scientific conference “Bubrikhov’s Readings” for many years.

In 2020, at the initiative of the public, the park next to PetrSU was named after D.V. Bubrikh.

 

Comments are closed.