Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) (BSE: 532540, NSE: TCS), a leading global IT services, consulting and business solutions organization, has been recognized as a Leader in the NelsonHall NEAT for Agile DevOps and Automated Development Services.
TCS’ organization-wide focus on instilling agile principles, end-to-end DevOps platforms, and large, distributed scaled agile delivery experience, were cited as strengths. According to the report, investments in Jile and MasterCraft, defined processes and methodologies that balance rigor and flexibility and a geographically broad skilled workforce provide TCS with a compelling delivery capability that can be adapted to specific customer needs.
“A successful Business 4.0™ transformation requires enterprises to embrace agility in all aspects of business to empower employees, enable collaboration, harness creativity and innovation, deliver better customer experiences and create value at scale,” says Nidhi Srivastava, Global Head, Enterprise Agility, TCS. “This recognition is a validation of our vision, strategies, and continued investments in people, tools, and thought leadership like the Location Independent Agile model that resonates with customers.”
TCS’ consulting-led portfolio of Enterprise Agility services covers Agile Transformation, DevOps, Next Gen ADM, and Agile for Business. The services include:
• Advisory Services: Aligning to and driving Business 4.0 transformations, including maturity assessments, location-independent models, and business case, roadmap, and target operating model development.
• Implementation and Managed Services: Ensuring excellence in DevOps delivery with the deployment of practices and toolchains, managed services, and training and coaching.
• Research and Innovation: Ensuring customers are ahead of the game, with seven DevOps related patents and a rich partner ecosystem of venture capitalists, academics, and startups through the TCS Co-innovation (COIN®) network.
• Tools and Accelerators: Leveraging best-in-class proprietary solutions through 360-degree relationships with platform partners. TCS proprietary tools and products help customers accelerate application development, enhance quality and ensure shorter release cycles, include:
- Jile™: On the cloud and scalable enterprise Agile planning tool with inbuilt DevOps tools integration, that provides visibility into the entire software delivery pipeline.
- MasterCraft™ DevPlus: Facilitates integrated, continuous delivery lifecycle management.
- MasterCraft™ DataPlus: Ensures privacy of test data in non-production environments and data at the juncture of data exposure, in production environments.
- ignio™: Suite of AI products for infrastructure operations, batch operations and SAP application operations.
- SmartQE: Offers services for automated testing, test data and environment automation, automated environment provisioning, release orchestration, AI based automated solution, ERP automation, etc.
- CX Assurance Platform: Integrates intelligent and machine-led abilities to measure, assure and optimize quality of customer experience in web and mobile channels.
- APPhonics: An API lifecycle management platform.
“TCS has a significant investment and focus on agile: training nearly all of its ~424k employees on agile principles, launching the Jile toolset, and developing agile for business offerings,” said David McIntire, IT Services Research Director, NelsonHall. “Putting agile at the core of the enterprise and its Business 4.0 business strategy enables the company to demonstrate to clients its commitment and capabilities.”
“Our unique focus on culture, and change management coupled with unparalleled innovation, intelligence, and automation helps our customers embrace Agile across their enterprises to improve their speed to value and strengthen their competitive positioning,” added Nidhi Srivastava.
 NelsonHall, Agile DevOps & Automated Development Services: Improving Time to Market, David McIntire, December 2019